Honored Contributor

DISCOVERY + AL THAT?

[ Edited ]

I've been seeing endless ads to purchase DISCOVERY +. Is it worth the extra money and what am I missing not having it?

Esteemed Contributor

I can only tell you that I would pay extra money to make those endless ads disappear off the face of the earth. 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I can only tell you that I would pay extra money to make those endless ads disappear off the face of the earth. 

Yeah, really!  I'd pay that before I'd pay for their service.

Honored Contributor

We have a free 6 month subscription from Verizon Wireless and do watch it more than I thought we would.

When the free subscription is up we are going to keep it and cancel Netflix.

Honored Contributor

I find that I watch less and less Discovery channels. So I am not about the pay to watch them. If I am losing interest when the programs are free, I am not about to pay to watch.

So as a direct result, I rarely see their annoying commercials anymore.

Honored Contributor

Re: DISCOVERY + AL THAT?

[ Edited ]

We love this app. We purchased the $6.99/month no ad version. There is a great amount of content available.

ETA there are many, many more networks included than just Discovery.  

Valued Contributor

I love not having commercials. It has shows available on their app.

Respected Contributor

i just signed up for this a week ago or so. (ad free of course) we like it alot. i'd dump hulu next, but it still has 2 or 3 shows i like.  already got rid of netflix. disney is next to go for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I upgraded my Verizon data plan a few weeks ago. I will get Discovery + for 12 months.I may enroll to see what is being offered. I have until August to sign up for Discovery+. 

When I signing up for "The Disney BUNDLE" I noticed many cable and wireless companies offer this as an add-on. 

This maybe a nice way to test out streaming services. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo

Some streaming services will give customers a discount for paying  yearly.