Regular Contributor

Came across the 1987 movie a few weeks ago and was reminded how much I loved the movie and Patrick Swayze. Since then I keep watching the dance scenes on HBO Max. Can't get enough of the Cry to Me scene. Perhaps the best love scene ever without any nudity -- just tender and innocence. Your thoughts?

Honored Contributor

Good movie.  Hard to believe Jennifer Grey was 27 when she made it.  Playing a 16 year old very convincingly!

Respected Contributor

I came across it the other day when there were about 10-15 minutes left, so of course I had to watch for the ending. I think my favorite part of the movie is when Johnny leaps off the stage and is dancing down the aisle alone. 

Respected Contributor

One of my favorite movies ever! I loved Patrick Swayze...still do it. Was a very well made film that incorporated family and moral values. My kids loved this movie too, and I was never ashamed or embarrassed by watching it with them about any offensive scenes. 

My young son was a baby @MaverDaver and we would dance around the living room and I'd do the lift to him and he would love it!
When he got older we'd still dance  to it and he'd pretend to do the lift to me!! Emphasis on pretend! 😂

Honored Contributor

I came across the movie about a month ago while I was cleaning out my closet which was a big job. I decided to put the tv on to help me through it. Dirty Dancing was on. I always liked it, in fact I got so involved, I put aside the closet stuff and just sat down and watched it.

Honored Contributor

I know people who rave about this movie. I watched it once on tv and it just doesn't do anything for me. 

Respected Contributor

I recorded the last few minutes of the movie one day when I caught it just right. My favorite scene is the dance at the end. I watch it often and have it locked so it cannot be deleted.

Esteemed Contributor

There are so many movies that I enjoy and many when I come across them I may hit record and go on with my day.  There are two that stop me in my tracks every time and I have to watch right then and there.

One is Dirty Dancing, no matter what part it's in and the other is Moonstruck with Cher!  Yes I have them recorded and can watch anytime but they still interrupt my day and I don't feel guilty at all.  I just sitback and enjoy.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed Dirty Dancing but it is not a movie I would sit through again.

Like some others, I might try to catch the final scene but that is all I might watch again.

Moonstruck is still my very favorite movie and one of the few I own.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

One  of my most "star struck" moments is getting to see the hotel room Patrick Swayze stayed in while filming this movie.  We stayed down the hall from that room and I appreciated the chance to see his little room.  Very funny because I am usually not like that....  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.