Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I enjoyed Dirty Dancing but it is not a movie I would sit through again.

Like some others, I might try to catch the final scene but that is all I might watch again.

Moonstruck is still my very favorite movie and one of the few I own.

@Cakers3  If I was locked in a room for 24 hrs with nothing but one movie to watch it would be Moonstruck!  Love the cast too!  

Respected Contributor

Watched Dirty Dancing twice yesterday ...I love that movie ...

Others are right .. no nudity .. and no swearing .....

My favorite ... " NObody puts baby in a corner " .....

Patrick was such a great dancer and so was Cynthia Rhodes ...

she was great ....

Respected Contributor

You know I was thiniking back as I was typing .. and correct me if

I am wrong ladies .. I do not think there was any swearing in that

movie ....

Respected Contributor

Re: DIRTY DANCING Anyone?

[ Edited ]

Like most others here, Dirty Dancing, was also a favorite of mine, and as I was scrolling through the channels the other night I came across it and  watched it too.  

This morning, my daughter and I were chatting about the movie and she said Jennifer Grey is to appear on GMA Monday and Tuesday (May 1st and 2nd).  She has a memoir, called 'Out of the Corner'. 

GMA Guests for the Week of May 2nd-7th:

• Monday, May 2
    • Jennifer Grey (Out of the Corner)
    • Lewis Hamilton (F1 driver)
    • Charlie Gibson and Kate Gibson (The Book Case)
    • Momma’s Favorite Dish: Eva Pilgrim and mother, In Sook Gayle
  • Tuesday, May 3
    • Jennifer Grey (Out of the Corner)
    • Sheryl Crow (Sheryl)
    • Rick Martínez (Mi Cocina)
    • Sonya Curry (Fierce Love)
Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

That was a great movie.  Patrick Swayze  was so handsome.  Such a tragedy that he died so young.  I think he would have gone on to make many more films.  

Honored Contributor

One of my favorites too! Learning about everything behind the scenes was so interesting.

Jennifer Grey is working on a remake of some kind, even though there have already been remakes and sequels. She will also star in it. She said she would not recast the role of Johnny because "you can't repeat magic."

Interesing fact: The first choices for the leads were Sarah Jessica Parker or Winona Ryder, and Val Kilmer or Billy Zane.

No one but Patrick could have been Johnny!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

There are so many movies that I enjoy and many when I come across them I may hit record and go on with my day.  There are two that stop me in my tracks every time and I have to watch right then and there.

One is Dirty Dancing, no matter what part it's in and the other is Moonstruck with Cher!  Yes I have them recorded and can watch anytime but they still interrupt my day and I don't feel guilty at all.  I just sitback and enjoy.

Me too!  It's my favorite movie of all time.  I will hear a song and can tell you exactly what scene it's from. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

One of my favorites too! Learning about everything behind the scenes was so interesting.

Jennifer Grey is working on a remake of some kind, even though there have already been remakes and sequels. She will also star in it. She said she would not recast the role of Johnny because "you can't repeat magic."

Interesing fact: The first choices for the leads were Sarah Jessica Parker or Winona Ryder, and Val Kilmer or Billy Zane.

No one but Patrick could have been Johnny!  Smiley Happy

No and no and no and no!

Honored Contributor

Patrick Swayze is the only reason to watch Dirty Dancing.  He died way to soon 😢