Trusted Contributor

I have DirecTV, but also have an antenna for when we get storms.  I will still be able to watch ABC shows, but my husband will freak out if he loses ESPN.

Esteemed Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

Yes, I'm in Illinois and getting the exact same information you mentioned on the bottom of my screen when watching TV.

Why is it always happening with Direct TV?  It it because their being so cheap / they won't negotiate?     

Does this ever happen  with other companies, for example - Comcast, etc. or is this just an issue always with Direct TV?

@BunSnoop 

This has not happened with Comcast.They just charge us more.

Trusted Contributor

I have Uverse and have been without NBC since June 1.  I have called and complained their recommendation is to stream.

Loosing NBC wasn't a huge deal for normal programming for us but when there is a sporting event we want to watch we are out of luck.  

Honored Contributor

Re: DIRECT TV - LOSING ABC

[ Edited ]

@WORKING GAL 

I have Dish Network....and last 2 days had a crawler advising Direct TV veiwers they could be losing ABC and to call Direct TV giving a phone number to call!  (I'm in Illinois)

Sometime back we had same problem with Dish and NBC and my bill went up after it was settled.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

@cowboy sam - I called the phone # direct said to call.  It was a guy from the Phillippines who said they have no info as to when negotiations would end as they are just starting negotiations this coming week.  I asked about a discount for losing CBS and our local channel 9 (CBS sister station here in So. Cal) and he gave me a phone # and said to ask for the loyalty dept.  We'll see if they'll give us a discount.  So, new info as of yet. Frustrating!

Honored Contributor

@WORKING GAL 

Whenever its contract time between station and Direct or Dish...i feel we are held hostage...and we end up      by paying a ransom fee also when they settle the contract!!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

I am also in Illinois and I use Dish Network.

Just wanted to comment here that Direct TV and Uverse TV are owned by AT&T.  AT&T now also owns HBO & Cinemax premium movie channels and I have lost them in my Dish package since last October.  Lawsuits going on because of these issues with AT&T.

In my opinion (and many others) it is the greed of AT&T that is causing all of these programming losses.  I am stuck with AT&T for my landline phone, and internet services.  Things are happening where it will be costing more and more for all services from them.  Will not bore you with all of the details.

So sad what is happening with our tv entertainment.  Hope things resolve for Direct TV customers.

Valued Contributor

We have Uverse and on July 5th we lost our nbc and fox channels.  I was livid.  We missed the US women win soccer and we missed the baseball all star game.  This went on and we finally got these channels back the week before the NFL started. I was ready to dump them. I despise AT&T with every fiber of my being but they have the best internet service so we stay with the cable also.  I dumped my landline just because I can’t stand them. It is all about greed and money and they forget about the customer.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!