Valued Contributor

DH and I saw Netflix Heaven Is For Real

I read the book in about 10 minutes and decided to see what the movie had too offer and I was so under the impression this child had died and come back and told his family what he had seen in heave----NOT SO!!! HE DID NOT DIE!! That blew me away as there is no way this kid could tell his family facts they NEVER shared with him--not even a photo of the grandpa.

I am a very spiritual person and have ALWAYS believed in heaven but this movie was not one of those movies we all have heard about and what happens when a person dies and the explanations of their experiences in a death experience. and because the child did NOT DIE or have a near death experience, makes the movie absolutely believable.

I am not here to convert or force anyone to believe as I do, but if for no other reason, rent it and judge for yourself and you might come away thinking differently about heaven and what we may see. I have my own ideas and a lof of Coltons matched mine but it is different for everyone and their life experiences.

Honored Contributor

Re: DH and I saw Netflix Heaven Is For Real

I read the book about 4 years ago but I could have sworn he died in the book? I didn't know the movie was out on dvd. I'll have to look for it. It seemed believable to me. We can't explain everything. I've seen this family on tv as well.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/31/2014 colliemom3 said:

I read the book about 4 years ago but I could have sworn he died in the book? I didn't know the movie was out on dvd. I'll have to look for it. It seemed believable to me. We can't explain everything. I've seen this family on tv as well.

Me too, I don't want to see the movie now.

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Then how did he know about heaven if he didn't die or have a near death experience? Is this going to be hard to follow or understand?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

On 8/1/2014 Judaline said:

Then how did he know about heaven if he didn't die or have a near death experience? Is this going to be hard to follow or understand?

Here is where faith and what he saw comes in and there is NO WAY a 4 year old could have known about things--like what his Grandpa looked like never having met him but when shown his picture he knew right away who it was. And more importantly his Mother NEVER told him he had a little sister that had died - some things you don't tell a 4 year old but in heaven God led him to her and said there was someone he wanted Colton to meet which was his sister.

It is not going to be hard to understand if you believe what this child said...and there was neither a near death experience or the doctors never once said he died on the table or like so many others, had a near death experience.

This information was told to parents over time. See the dVD and believe as you wish or not. I was NOT impressed with the book, but the dvd was in my opinion, BELIEVABLE!

Valued Contributor

On 8/1/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 7/31/2014 colliemom3 said:

Me too, I don't want to see the movie now.

I felt the same way but decided to see how the book compared to the movie and the way it was presented was beautiful. Sometimes a book or movie is judged too quickly...this was true with me. You decide if you choose to see.

Super Contributor

The website says Colton had an emergency appendectomy, and during surgery he said he could see the doctors, etc., so it was almost like near-death. An out of body experience.

Honored Contributor

On 8/2/2014 RINGER said:

Here is where faith and what he saw comes in and there is NO WAY a 4 year old could have known about things--like what his Grandpa looked like never having met him but when shown his picture he knew right away who it was. And more importantly his Mother NEVER told him he had a little sister that had died - some things you don't tell a 4 year old but in heaven God led him to her and said there was someone he wanted Colton to meet which was his sister.

It is not going to be hard to understand if you believe what this child said...and there was neither a near death experience or the doctors never once said he died on the table or like so many others, had a near death experience.

This information was told to parents over time. See the dVD and believe as you wish or not. I was NOT impressed with the book, but the dvd was in my opinion, BELIEVABLE!

I see. And I must see it.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to watch this on Demand tonight . Can't wait!
Honored Contributor

On 8/3/2014 Caitlin Bree said: Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to watch this on Demand tonight . Can't wait!

Don't forget to watch "Clerks", you must be a fan?