Honored Contributor

DENNIS MILLER & MARTIN SHORT FRIDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

0ea3447d61abd647d7f02efd18f612ec.jpg

8:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Dennis Miller and Friends"  Dennis Miller and Martin Short are the hosts for these movies:

8:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Duck Soup".    Beloved, Marx Brothers zaniness

9:30 p.m. Eastern--  "Dr. Strangelove Or:   How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.     Famously acerbic Stanley Kubrick satire with Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Keenan Wynn

11:15 p.m. Eastern--  "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein".    Self-explanatory, ha.

Hey, TCM took my advice!   I've been saying forever that they needed to hire Dennis Miller, a passionate and deeply knowledgeable film fan, one that is as interesting to listen to on the subject as Eddie Muller.   And not just on comedies--  he loves serious and vintage films at least as much.

These wouldn't be my favorite movies to showcase, but the quirky line-up meshes perfectly with what I anticipate to be the antics of Miller and Martin Short (good friends in real life) to be. 

I love Martin Short!  And start laughing at the mere mention of his name!  I hope they have tons of commentary before and after the movies-  those two together are potentially priceless!

Honored Contributor

Re: DENNIS MILLER & MARTIN SHORT FRIDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Can't wait to hear their commentary on those movies!

Thanks for posting

@Oznell 

Respected Contributor

They have been running a LOT of Marx Brothers movies lately.  Was it Groucho's Birthday or something? 

I will most likely watch.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

They have been running a LOT of Marx Brothers movies lately.  Was it Groucho's Birthday or something? 

I will most likely watch.

TCM used to show Marx Brother movies New Year's Eve or New Years Day. But they haven't for the past few years. They have been showing Thin Man and That's Entertainment.

I am guessing that TCM recenty bought the rights to show the Marx Brother movies. And since they hadn't shown them recently, they are showing them while they can.

I am sure Martin Short or Dennis Miller requested Duck Soap to be shown tonight. I can't wait to hear what they have to say.

Respected Contributor

i am a huge fan of both of this guys .....

Honored Contributor

Oh, and I'm watching them riffing on each other right now, @Big Joanie -- they are fabulous!

Valued Contributor

I would have liked to watch but those STINKY RATFINKS at Comcast removed TCM from my lineup recently.  They removed ID Channel a few months ago. I'd love to ditch them but the alternatives aren't appealing either.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell   Thank you.  I'm DVRing it now. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

It should be a good twosome adding  fun as well as points of interest to TCM.  Of course I already DVR'D Abbot and Costello meets Frankenstein, love that movie.  

I always enjoyed Martin Short and used to like Miller.  I wasn't aware either were movie buffs, thanks for the heads up, Oznell.

Honored Contributor

Funny  .... just the other day I was wondering what ever happened to Dennis Miller?