Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Oznell   Do you know what was wrong w/DM wify #1 for the judge to award him full custody of 4 children?  Highly unusual & unheard of at the time.

@Mz iMac:    Booze

Honored Contributor

Dean Martin's daughter made a documentary about her Dad. It was shown a year  or so on TCM. I think the title was " Dean Martin, King of Cool".

It was so good to hear her talk about the documentary.

I had also read an article years ago about how the death of his son affected Dean Martin. He wasn't the same. I remember that he would eat dinner out at one certain restaurant. And he had let his appearance change and his interaction with people. It was so sad to read.

Honored Contributor
Awe. Lovely photos. DH spent quite a bit of time hanging out with Dino and in the 70s. He knew him through family. He has nothing but nice things to say about him.
Honored Contributor

Great family photo!!!!!  That's Amore, Return to Me and Sway have been and still are my most favorite of Dean's songs.  My dad passed in 1965 at age 51 and when I hear Sway my memories go directly to him.  He had many friends and when they would get together back in the fifties music always played, lots of Italian songs and Sway by Dino, who was a favorite singer,  won me over as a young girl.  To this day tears still come to my eyes when I hear that Dean Martin song and memories of my dad and his many friends take me back.

Honored Contributor

Re: DEAN MARTIN'S FAMILY

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Oznell   Do you know what was wrong w/DM wify #1 for the judge to award him full custody of 4 children?  Highly unusual & unheard of at the time.

The wife at the time turned to alcohol after losing her husband to another woman. Plus the birth of their child.  It caused her to lose custody of her kids. Dean was so upset, he cut off her alimony.  He was a great father to his kids.  But not so good as a husband.  He wasn't very faithful toward his 3 wives.

Honored Contributor

He was  funny guy also, i always enjoyed seeing him, and the night he ran jumped on the piano,on carson show.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.