Honored Contributor

DAZZLING STAR POWER DOUBLE FEATURE WEDNESDAY FMC

I love when the Fox Movie Channel gives TCM a run for its money.  This is luxurious, movie-fun dramatic double feature time, overrun with fabulous acting talent.  "Phone Call" was an absorbing and serious award winner, while "A Woman's World" is more of a frankly sudsy entertainment "wallow".  In any case, it's time to break out the bon bons and enjoy:

9:50 a.m. Eastern Fox Movie Channel-- "Phone Call from a Stranger"  Gary Merrill, Bette Davis, Shelley Winters, Michael Rennie, Keenan Wynn

Strangers, each with a troubling secret in his or her past, bond during a long, eventful airplane flight with layovers. Then when the unexpected happens, one of them, lawyer Gary Merrill, gets crucially involved with each of their families...

11:30 a.m. Eastern Fox Movie Channel--  "A Woman's World"  Cornel Wilde, Lauren Bacall, Van Heflin, Fred MacMurray, Arlene Dahl June Allyson, Clifton Webb

Tycoon Clifton Webb invites three corporate up-and-comers and their spouses, to find out how suitable one of them will be for a top, highly contested job.  The wives soon find out they are on trial too....

Honored Contributor

Re: DAZZLING STAR POWER DOUBLE FEATURE WEDNESDAY FMC

Well, that purple was a big mistake, ha.

Honored Contributor

Wow!!  Between the two movies that is quite a parade of great actors and actresses! I also like some movie channel competition and do have the fox movie channel.  The two .recommended movies are on my DVR, thanks!  I will try to periodically check the Fox movie channel since you, oznell, have mentioned it in past postings!

Honored Contributor

Oh, good, @spiderw.  For some reason, FMC only shows their "classic" movies from the morning, up until 3:00 p.m. Eastern in the afternoon;  after that, they show mostly contemporary films.

Because their inventory is limited (I'm assuming) to the film output of Twentieth Century Fox studios, the selection is of course more limited than TCM.  So they have to be a LOT more repetitive.  But there are some real goodies in there and it's definitely worth it to check periodically, as you plan to do.

Honored Contributor

This segment of  "A Woman's World" always kills me.  Gorgeous Arlene Dahl is so convinced that it is her "extracurricular" wiles that have secured her husband's business success.  You'd think she would know enough not to waste them on chilly Clifton Webb...  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0FzY6317mM

Honored Contributor

I will check them out again. I think the cast for A Women's World was spot on. I think  the cast is so good, I have no trouble watching it more than once. And watching the thought process going on within each couple. 

I appreciate your looking ahead and mentioning movies that you think are note worthy, Oznell. I often do not check what is on Fox Movie Channel and when I do, it is too late.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks oznell just recorded them.  Always turn to you each day to see if there are any recommendations.