Honored Contributor

Re: DAYS - No Spoilers Please - September 15th - September 21st

Bearer of more bad news says:

The Newb parade continues:

nuWill (yecccccch)

nuEve (bleccccch)

nuChad (see post #19)

Red-haired actress who worked on OLTL with nuEve coming soon and...

...Now Casting:

Young African-American woman ("gorgeous" of course) -- too young for Abe

Coming soon:

New Asian American male character, in his 20s

His mother (yes, his mother...we have yet to meet Rafe's mother, not even through the death of one child and the imprisonment of another, but we are getting nuAsian guy's mother)

THIS IS OUT OF CONTROL!

{#emotions_dlg.angry}

Add me to the list of people who skipped yesterday thanks to our intrepid posters who took one for the team. Maybe we should assign ourselves different days of the week to watch and report back, LOL.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, probably nobody would even read the report. Can you say hopeless?

As I recall, mama Hernandez does not speak English so it's just as well. But I really don't see the need of an Asian family at this point. We are quite aware that this is America and all are welcome here. The show has always been about a certain American family and their offspring and I think we're springing off that family more each week. Sad to see it go, but we'll always have Mac doing the, '....so are the Days of Our Lives' intro. It's all we've got. I don't mean this to be prejudiced, I hate prejudice. It's just that some things change that shouldn't.

Super Contributor

Still on the Nu-Chad thing--with EJ leaving, you would think Nu-Chad would have been more EJ-ish, tall, dark, handsome and addictive! TPTB need to work harder to replace him and Sami--Nu-Chad and Nu-Eve aren't it!!

Super Contributor

Autumn, Jud, Lori: Spot on with all you said. I really think they are trying hard to reinvent DAYS, geared more to the young population. What they don't seem to get is that we 'old-timers' (no pun intended) are loyal viewers for ions and today's young people don't look to soaps the way we did prior to computers, cell phones, on and on and we are hooked. I predict bye bye DAYS not too far down the road. The teasing us with Stefano is getting stale.

Super Contributor

As a long-time Days viewer, IMO they will never come close to the pure gold they let slip through their fingers with the pairing of EJ and Sami. Once they're off the screen, I'll turn it off. It's going to be so hard, but there is nothing left.

Super Contributor

expatgal: but there is nothing left.

Exactly right!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Daysies...Billy Flynn is 6' tall. He is about 3-4 inches shorter than James Scott. Looks to be about as tall as Ben.

As for the Asian family...isn't Stefano's paramour, Cecily, Asian? I wonder if we are going to have a new DiMera offspring? Hope not...that is getting old.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

Today's episode felt like it was two hours long! I kept looking at the time thinking it was almost over and there was still a half hour left to watch.

Yesterday Dr. Dan made me laugh when he said Jennifer looked so beautiful in her dress - to me she looked like she was wearing an awning with all those stripes!

I think TPTB just want to keep DAYS on till the 50th anniversary and then that will be the end.

Honored Contributor

I think old Chad was also about 6 ft 5 inches like James Scott.

Valued Contributor

Not diggin' NuChad...