Respected Contributor

DARLENE LOVE - Friday on The View

FYI, if anyone njoy's hearing Darlene Love perform her well known Christmas Song - 'Christmas, Baby Please Come Home' she'll be performing Friday morning on The View.

Hopefully the View ladies will put aside the politics for awhile and we can enjoy a nice Christmas show.  Ms. Love usually performs the hit classic near the end of the program so if you can't bear the ladies of The View, tune in about 11:45 eastern time.  There is also supposed to be a special guest (maybe performing with her?).  Woman Happy

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Re: DARLENE LOVE - Friday on The View

Darlene Love is a music legend and everything she has sang and continues to sing is excellent!  I have been a fan for a long time.  I also hope the View ladies will appreciate such a talent and for all those who watch the show will enjoy and sing along!!!!

Honored Contributor

it was a fun christmas show before their winter break.

this is the fifth year that darlene love has performed her song......her special guest was jason derulo.

she announced today that THE VIEW was officially her new home to sing her song since she was snubbed by NBC.

she is also in a new holiday movie called HOLIDAY RUSH. you can view it on netflix.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Darlene Love is a music legend and everything she has sang and continues to sing is excellent!  I have been a fan for a long time.  I also hope the View ladies will appreciate such a talent and for all those who watch the show will enjoy and sing along!!!!

The View ladies love her.  I so enjoy hearing her sing her song.  What about Joy giving them all a lasagna.Smiley Happy  It was a really nice show.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

it was a fun christmas show before their winter break.

this is the fifth year that darlene love has performed her song......her special guest was jason derulo.

she announced today that THE VIEW was officially her new home to sing her song since she was snubbed by NBC.

she is also in a new holiday movie called HOLIDAY RUSH. you can view it on netflix.

It is so frustrating that so many good shows are not on regular TV.  I am sure its a good movie.Smiley Happy

I loved watching the view ladies in the background doing back up.  Very nice show.

Respected Contributor

Re: DARLENE LOVE - Friday on The View"

Here's an amazing fact about Darlene Love: she was the lead singer on recordings by the Crystals--"He's a Rebel," Bob B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans--"Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah," and the Blossoms--"Tell Him."

She was a main force for Phil Spector (who is no longer admired).

Respected Contributor

Re: DARLENE LOVE - Friday on The View"

Love her and love Christmas (Baby Please Come Home). Other people may sing it, but no one does it better than her.

I remember seeing her on Letterman for years, and I saw her last year on The View. Glad she found a new home!!

It seems that the new tradition is singing with a partner. This year it was Jason Derulo. If she keeps with tradition I can't wait to see who she'll sing with next year.

With the ending of the Letterman show, Love has performed "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" on the ABC morning show The View each December since 2015. She has usually performed the song as a duet, being joined by Patti LaBelle in 2016, Fantasia in 2017, and Bryan Adams in 2018.