Honored Contributor

DANGEROUS CROSSING

[ Edited ]

@Oznell  Have you seen this movie with Jeanne Crain?  I thought her clothing and jewelry looked smashing, and so did she,  I saw her on a talk show eons ago, and she had had five children, still beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I love that movie, @mousiegirl!  It rolls around on the Fox Movie Channel every so often.

Jeanne Crain is stunning in it, you are right-- no matter how distraught she is over missing hubby,  her hair is glossy, her complexion flawless, her clothes and makeup, perfect!  One of the true great screen beauties.

The movie has an uneasy, suspenseful, film noir-ish quality, as she struggles to convince others on board of what she knows to be true....

Honored Contributor

Re: DANGEROUS CROSSINGd who wou

And who would have thought that Carl Betz would play the bad guy.

Honored Contributor

I had read a bit about her life. She certainly had quite of bit of ups and downs in her professional life and personal life. She was considered for numerous movies but did not always end up getting the role. And her filing for divorce several times but never getting one.

One of her grand daughter's wrote a rather frank article about her later years. It was so sad to read about Jeanne Crain's decline. But also sad that the grand daughter felt the need to write so much about her physical decline.

It was also sad to read that 2 of Jeanne Crain's children died before she did. Michael died in 1992 from alcohol abuse. And Christopher died in 1997 from a heroin overdose. But she still had 5 living children.

The camera loved her. And she looked good no matter what she was wearing.