Honored Contributor
If they would eliminate Erin Andrews when they eliminate another contestant, I would be thrilled. I find her insufferable and still haven't figured out why she is on the show.
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I never thought they should let the public vote. It should only be the judges.

@proudlyfromNJ   The whole draw of any of these shows is the public vote.

Who would watch if only judges could choose?

Audience participation drives these shows, be it dancing or singing.

And this remark is not directed at you but I find it amusing how rattled some get over Spicer. 

It's a show for entertainment, not a summit for world peace already.

@Cakers3  I can say I am not rattled over Spicer as I haven’t watched in about 3 seasons. I didn’t think they always had the audience vote in the beginning or did they? They have had a number of political people on the show so I don’t get what the problem is with SS. Edited to add, I prefer judges as to a popularity contest.

@proudlyfromNJ   We only watched the first season and I honestly do not remember if they had audience voting or not.

I'm not sure how popular the show has been through the years but certain contestants have really "spiced" thing up ( haha ).

@Cakers3  LoL I remember Suzanne Somers being on, that was a trip. You could see the very tight tights on her legs as she tried to look young and sexy. 

I watched on and off through the years. Always thought the football players were the best.

Respected Contributor
Well, I don't remember Suzanne Somers competing, so that must have been one of the seasons I skipped.

Not that it matters, because she's STILL deluding herself into thinking she's "young and sexy," and telling us so. Just a few days ago, she thought we needed to know 1) that her 83-year-old husband looks great sans clothes, and 2) that they're in the sack twice a day.

Eeeewwww.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

And this remark is not directed at you but I find it amusing how rattled some get over Spicer. 

@Cakers3  I can say I am not rattled over Spicer as I haven’t watched in about 3 seasons. I didn’t think they always had the audience vote in the beginning or did they? They have had a number of political people on the show so I don’t get what the problem is with SS. Edited to add, I prefer judges as to a popularity contest.

@proudlyfromNJ   We only watched the first season and I honestly do not remember if they had audience voting or not.

I'm not sure how popular the show has been through the years but certain contestants have really "spiced" thing up ( haha ).

@Cakers3   The audience has always voted.  Kelly Monaco won the first year, and she wasn't the best dancer.  Emmitt Smith won the second year, and Mario Lopez was a better dancer, although Emmitt was very good.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Cakers3   The audience has always voted.  Kelly Monaco won the first year, and she wasn't the best dancer.  Emmitt Smith won the second year, and Mario Lopez was a better dancer, although Emmitt was very good.

Neither Kelly or Emmitt faired very well a few years later during the season they brought back all previous winners to compete. 

Honored Contributor

They showed the Professional Ballroom Dance Competition one time on Public Television, and judges picked the winners and the show was still entertaining....

Some viewers have either had favorites, and others were voted off because some viewers don't like the fact that some contestants have had dance experience in music videos, or took dance lessons as a performer so it kind of gave them an advantage and some of these that were voted off and surprised the judges back then too....So I think sometimes the best contestant hasn't won over the years....

@proudlyfromNJ 

I agree the NFL players of the past have been very good...maybe its the fact that they are in such good shape athletically that helps them and they are probably better at taking coaching.... look at Rashad Jennings and Don Driver, and Jerry Rice....good winners! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor
Yes, there's been sour grapes from this show's inception. But the controversy was NOT about Season 1 winner's, (Kelly Monaco) "huge soap opera base"--hello...they've always promoted fan-based voting, and still do (unless it's for Sean Spicer, Bobby Bones, etc.).

The inane "controversy" was the implication that the show manipulated votes to allow Monaco's win because she was the star of another ABC program, GH.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I think the judges were more shocked than the viewers when Flannery was voted off and Spicer stayed. 

Rest easy. Spicer was finally voted off on Monday night.

Honored Contributor

Omg!  Everyone knows this is. Popularity contest and ( this is the most important part); it’s all about the ratings.

Doesn’t matter if it’s good or bad publicity...or terrible contestants.....

Look at who won last season...Bobby Bones...likable....but not much of a dancer...

’nuf said....