Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

And the new host is Tyra Banks.  

Love to hear the reasoning/thought process of that choice.

I think we all know the reason. This is the way of the world. Sad but true.

Respected Contributor

@elizabethl123 I don't know how the show can go on with the virus anyway. But I would never miss Tom or Erin.

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I always thought Brooke Burke was great and I did not know why she was released, either.

Tom was good but maybe he wanted a salary increase.

Or maybe the show wants some younger hosts to attract a younger audience!

The most important thing is the dancing, not the hosts.

@FancyPhillyshopper - I agree with you. I really liked Brooke and wasn't happy when she was replaced.

These two were definitely fired. I stopped watching when I found out how much of it is staged, how the "voting" is done, and how much of a popularity contest it became.

I read on another forum they want Derek and Julianne to do it. They are two of Disney's shining stars right now, so who knows? I like Derek and would watch him, but I've never been a Julianne fan. I don't believe anything she says. 

Someone else posted they want Alfonso Ribeiro to do it.

Who knows? They definitely want two younger hosts and I'm sure they're aware of what they think the viewers want. Smiley Sad

Frequent Contributor

I love Tom Bergeron, he is always respectful and very funny.  I'll miss him.  But Tyra Banks, didn't they see how horrible she was on America's Got Talent?  I guess there goes another show I won't be watching.

Respected Contributor

Re: DANCING WITH THE STARS

[ Edited ]

What were they thinking hiring Tyra Banks?  She was awful as the host on AGT before Terry Crews. I watched her for years on ANTM and she was a good host on that but that was her genre and not sure if this show is.

Respected Contributor

I liked Tom Bergeron but I tune in to watching the dance competition.  I usually record it and fast forward from one dance to another.  Until it gets down to the last 10 I don't even listen to the judges critique or the score.  

Respected Contributor

Re: DANCING WITH THE STARS

[ Edited ]

Tyra will also be an Executive Producer of the show. It was reported she was in talks with the network long before ABC cut ties with Tom and Erin.

Sources close to Tom tell TMZ the news came as quite a shock to him, and he was only informed of his departure this week.

~tmz

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of the decision to let Tom go was because of the controversial political statement he made the season Sean Spicer was on...I think Tom was fantastic, but I had already made up my mind not to watch any longer before all of this simply because I was tired of the winners being chosen because of popularity and not necessarily the Best Dancer.....

Tyra has a very good business sense, and she may make a good host, after all she had a very very long run hosting her own successful show America's Next Top Model for many seasons,but I am done with this show now! Tom made it fun with his wit, his charm and sensitivity. 

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I think a lot of the decision to let Tom go was because of the controversial political statement he made the season Sean Spicer was on...

I think it's more about skin tone unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I think a lot of the decision to let Tom go was because of the controversial political statement he made the season Sean Spicer was on...

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I think it's more about skin tone unfortunately.

@ThinkingOutLoud   And you know this how? 

That is quite a statement to throw around.  Is this based on any facts that you can share?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF