Trusted Contributor

Re: DAN BONGINO WILL BE UNDERGOING TREATMENT

[ Edited ]

So now he’s been diagnosed. I’m glad that it’s treatable but whatever must lie before him has to make him contemplate. I’m thinking of his wife now and how she must be doing. I just prayed for her. I need to look up her name....

Adding:  It’s Paula—just looked it up. 

Respected Contributor

Photo of Dan Bongino's wife and kids

Dan Bongino with wife Paula. The couple are blessed with two daughters, Isabel (born 2004) and Amelia (born 2012).

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hodgkins lymphoma has a curable rate of 85 to 95%. Non hodgkins lymphoma has a curable rate of 65%. He will probably have chemotherapy and radiation. I wish the best for him and his family. He appears to be a great person.

Honored Contributor

That's very interesting to know, about the comparative survival rates, @elated ,  thank you for that.

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover   Thank you for the update. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Quick latest update:  Dan has been fairly quiet about his ongoing cancer treatment, I believe, but today he revealed on Twitter that he had finished one round of chemo (I didn't know that), and apparently today he is starting his second round. 

He posted a picture of him receiving his treatment, syringe in place, joking that he was wearing his "chemo smirk".   At first I was a little taken aback, but then I thought:  good for him, good for him for 'normalizing' it, taking away some of the scary mystique.  He looked steely and determined, like so many cancer patients bravely doing what's necessary.

Prayers for swiftest treatment and full recovery.

Honored Contributor

Praying for him and anyone else no matter what Cancer.  It's horrible, we need a cure for this horrible disease.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell ,

I was just thinking about Dan and how I miss seeing him and hearing his opinion on what is going on in the world.

Thanks for the update....Prayers sent.

Honored Contributor

Agreed, @qualitygal and @DREAMON -- and at least he seems to be pushing on with whatever amount of work he can handle, which is great!

Trusted Contributor

Love Dan.  Prayers for him

Jessa