Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Shelbelle 

@Shelbelle wrote:

I loved it and the format they used, very personal and intimate setting. Was wondering if DVD's kids and gr kids were there, they didnt introduce any of them.  His wife, Arlene, is more than 40 years his junior. 

I thought like you.  They never show the son that played with him as a detective on his Medical series. He is never mentioned.  I think his first name was Barry, not sure.

His wife is pretty, but looks like she cares about him.  Said she was the one that got it together.

He still has it.  

I remember the first shows live, when TV was great with good family shows. We couldn't wait until dinner was over to all sit together as a family and watch these shows. Brought back so many memories, it may me cry, because I am the only one that has lived so long in my family and remember the holidays of old.  

I usually fall asleep when watching TV today, but not last night.

I stayed awake the whole two hours.

I utube the old shows to get some laughter and entertainment.

Tony Danza looked good with his white hair. I loved his shows.

This was good entertainment last night, not like what they are putting out now.

@qvcaddition - I agree and was very surprised that his son Barry was not there or shown.  It was a great show and I also stayed awake for the two hours.  It reminded me of those variety shows that were on long ago and thought there is nothing on TV like that now.

Honored Contributor

We really enjoyed watching the special.  Glad I recorded it, too, so we can watch it again.

Honored Contributor

I wish that more time was spent showing clips of his movies and his apperances on TV shows. I would rather see clips of him in Mary Poppins rather than guys dressed like penguins dancing around. And singers that sang songs from movies he starred in, but making the song in their own rendition.

It was to celebrate his birthday. I wanted to see his work not other people singing and dancing.

But I thank Disney for giving the show the rights to show what they did of Mary Poppins. DVD went to Disneyland on October 6. He ate lunch in Club 33. I can't help but think it had something to do with the special.

And maybe that is why we only saw brief clips of other shows and movies. There were rights issues. That is why you saw Carol Burnett and Rob Reiner. The show was able to work out issues with them.

Honored Contributor

The special repeats tonite at 9 ET if you missed it  Dec 26

Honored Contributor

Streamed it last night and it was wonderful. The scenes from Mary Poppins were magical. I think it was one of the first movies I say in a theater. I was so much fun to watch, total enjoyment

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.