Respected Contributor

D I C K VAN D Y K E ~CRASHES CAR

Legendary TV star D i c k Van D y k e has reportedly been injured after crashing his Lexus in Malibu when he lost control of the wheel. The ordeal left him with a bloody nose and mouth, as well as a possible concussion. 

******, 97, (pictured on February 22, 2022, in LA) lost control of the car before slamming into the gate, leaving the actor with a bloody nose and possible concussion

D i c k,  (pictured on February 22, 2022, in LA) 

The 97-year-old actor’s car skidded in wet weather conditions before smashing into a gate on Wednesday morning, TMZ reports.

Police arrived on the scene to find the Hollywood veteran behind the wheel of his Lexus LS 500, TMZ added.

He was treated at the scene by paramedics.

It’s understood that Van D y k e was not taken to the hospital and was instead picked up by a friend who took him home.

Police have reportedly submitted documents to the DMV requesting the “Mary Poppins” star retake his driving test.

Officers said drugs and alcohol were not involved in the crash, the outlet reported.

The ordeal comes nearly 10 years after Van D y k e was involved in another car crash, when he was rescued from his burning Jaguar in Los Angeles. The actor was pulled from the vehicle, apparently not realizing his it was flaming up on the highway.

The crash came nearly ten years after ****** was involved in another car crash which saw him rescued from his burning Jaguar in Los Angeles, pictured above
In 2013 D y k e was pulled from burning vehicle by good Samaritan after car erupts into blaze on freeway. 
Esteemed Contributor

Re: D I C K VAN D Y K E ~CRASHES CAR

I would not feel comfortable having a 97 year old drive a car.

He needs to retire from driving for his sake and everybody else on the road.

Respected Contributor

I am glad he was not seriously injured. The roads in Malibu are treacherous on a sunny day. The rain had to make them much more so. D I c k Van D Y K E is 97 years old. He may want to consider a driver.

Trusted Contributor

So hoping that there were no hidden injuries, he has always been a favorite of mine. I still watch him every morning on Diagnosis Murder!

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear that.

Wonder if he got a bloody nose from the airbag deploying. If they did.

Hope he is alright. He is a national treasure. 

PS - One thing about "the man" he had been a heavy smoker. He smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day.

You even would see him, on occasion smoking on the "D i c k Van D y k e" show.

I am so glad he seems to be in good health at 97 years old.

Honored Contributor

Wow!!! 97 years old, he looks great! He should though probably consider a driver in the future at 97.....Hard to give up the license, I know-but definitely safer...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is sad.  It's hard to give up your independence.....especially when as you get older, more and more has to be given up, one by one.   I'm sure his family has begged him to turn over his keys.  At least (I think) Mr. Van ****** has the financial means to hire people to do things for him.  Stubbornness is probably in the way. 

Glad he's alright and I hope he fails the driving test so that he won't be driving anymore.  For his safety and other folks driving while he's on the road.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised his car caught on fire if all he did was hit a gate.  Smiley Sad He was involved in another car fire in 2013.

He should let his wife, Arlene, 51, drive him around.  Or hire a chauffeur.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I'm surprised his car caught on fire if all he did was hit a gate.  Smiley Sad He was involved in another car fire in 2013.

He should let his wife, Arlene, 51, drive him around.  Or hire a chauffeur.

The pict of the car on fire is from the 2013 crash, not today's.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I am surprised that he wasn't taken to a hospital.  If he has a possible concussion it is dangerous to go home especially at his age.