Honored Contributor

Cute, silly murder mystery on Britbox

Death on the Tyne is the second in a set of three British movies about a couple who are professional bus tour guides.
I've seen all three (as well as the few episodes of a followup tv series) and found this one to be my favorite. I didn't find it jarring to watch the second one first.

The tour guides take their elderly clients on a cruise on the River Tyne, where mishaps ensue.

The opening credits are even really well done and perfectly in tune with the theme.

If you're looking for a serious outing, this is not that. Don't expect great things because it is silly. Logic can be missing, too. Often the Brits do silly the best, 

CC6CE772-9A86-485D-B0E8-CD7B92E8AAA3.jpegH

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cute, silly murder mystery on Britbox

If you like Death on the Tyne, you might want to check out the TV movies Dial M for Middlesbrough and Murder on the Blackpool Express, the other two movies in this series. Same tour bus operators, same silly plots.

These characters also have a more recent series, Murder They Hope, with several episodes, in its first season on Britbox.

I think Johnny Vegas is hilarious.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Highlands22 

Yes, I wrote that I've seen them all already, as well as the tv series.

It's right in the first paragraph.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @Highlands22 

Yes, I wrote that I've seen them all already, as well as the tv series.

It's right in the first paragraph.

---

Yes, that is why I did not tag you in my post. 

I just wanted to add the titles in case those interested in your original post wanted a bit of help in looking up the rest of them.

The "you" was not you; it was the generic you "to whom it may concern." 

You might notice that I started my post with "If you like Death on the Tyne..." Since you had already stated that you liked it, you might have surmised that the rest of the post was not directed toward you.

Territorial.

Honored Contributor

Wow, @Highlands22 

That's not how posts work.

None of what you wrote shows me or anyone else that you were NOT directing your message to me.

What does territorial have to do with anything?