Honored Contributor

CE is OK.  My favorite movie of his is Bridges of Madison County.  IMO, he did a great job of directing and making the movie better than the book, which is rare BUT he was miscast as the lead.  Kept seeing Robert Redford in that role.

Respected Contributor

I lived near the area he lived.  Went to his restaurant a couple of times.  Seen him out and about in public areas.  Husband got his autograph during the Pro Am at Pebble Beach.  He's not very friendly.  It's a well known fact not to approach him when he's out and about in public places, do not say Hi or definitely don't approach for autograph.  He is a great actor though.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

CE is OK.  My favorite movie of his is Bridges of Madison County.  IMO, he did a great job of directing and making the movie better than the book, which is rare BUT he was miscast as the lead.  Kept seeing Robert Redford in that role.

@kaydee50 I LOVED this movie....I cried like a baby during the scene where she is in the car with her hand on the door handle ready to jump out and join "Clint" .....and she does not....and he drives away...😢😢😢😢 interesting enough...this was the last time I ever when to a movie in side a theater...

yes, Robert Redford would have been DREAMY in this role!❤️❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@kaydee50 I LOVED this movie....I cried like a baby during the scene where she is in the car with her hand on the door handle ready to jump out and join "Clint" .....and she does not....and he drives away...😢😢😢😢 interesting enough...this was the last time I ever when to a movie in side a theater...

yes, Robert Redford would have been DREAMY in this role!❤️❤️❤️❤️

I saw the movie for the first time on a transcontinental trip.  In those days the planes were empty and I had the 4 middle seats to myself.  I cried and cried at the exact same scene.  Fortunately, no one was near me or they would have thought I was a pyscho!  And Redford would definitely have been a better choice although I read somewhere that Eastwood wanted to act with Streep. Too bad!