Esteemed Contributor

We went to see this last night.  Thought it would be fun to see on the night before Halloween.  It started off pretty well but descended into a bloody mess.  I like eerie historical movies but this wasn't that.  Anyone see this film? I'd like your opinion.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

All del Toro movies are bloody.  Can't wait to see "Crimson" Peak. 

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I'll have to study up on movie directors.  Thanks for your informative post.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

I loved the movie. I thought it was very well made

Honored Contributor

I've only seen the previews.  But any time they put a dog in danger, I am not going to go see the movie and pay money to someone who thinks this is a good idea.  And according to doesthedogdie.com, the dog dies.   (Yes, I know it's not "real.")  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Occasional Contributor

The acting is extremely good. Anything Tom Hiddleston is in, I will go to see, because he is such an excellent actor. Rather than focusing on the action, I feel like the movie is supposed to invoke a mood.The details in the set are just amazing, lush and beautiful. It is supposed to be reminscent of the old gothic horror movies like "Rebecca". It is also a film about discovering what love is and the impact it has on us all.