Honored Contributor

Re: Criminal Minds / Joe Montagna

I like the team best with:

Hotchner

Morgan

Penelope

JJ

Prentiss

Joe Montagna( can't remember his character's name)

Spencer Reid

That's my favorite cast! The new cast is ok, but they don't have the charisma and the connection of the others.....

Respected Contributor

Criminal minds is one of my favorite shows...for some reason I thought last season was the final season and imagine my surprise when I saw my DVR had taped two episodes for a new season. I do hope none of the characters are killed off and the final season will be full of great episodes. I will be catching up this weekend and hope the final season ends with a bang.

Respected Contributor

Yes, love him!

Years ago, A&E did some movies based on Robert B Parker's Spenser books. (In the 70s or 80s, there was a TV series called Spenser for Hire based on the same books. Robert Urich played Spenser then.) Joe Montagna played Spenser in the movies and I thought he did a great job. He also reads some of the audiobooks.

My only fault is the way he reads women's characters, but it's the same way nearly all producers ask most men to read women's characters so they all sound breathy, hesitant, without confidence, and usually ditzy. Since it's so prevalent, I blame the producers.

I also love him as Fat Tony on The Simpsons and I loved him as the father in Joan of Arcadia.