Honored Contributor

Re: Crime Scene Kitchen On FOX

@DREAMON wrote:

I tape it so I can fast forward. The middle parts when they are cooking gets boring for me but I am curious to see who gets it right.

I have say I don't think I would ever figure out what the recipe was.

I think you have to really know ingredients to get it right...or maybe I am just not knowledgeable when it comes to ingredients.

@DREAMON I used to bake a lot, but fairly simple stuff, so I'm not that knowledgeable either.  Never heard of a Princess Cake.  I've heard of a Patachou, but really wasn't familiar with what exactly it is and how it is used.  I'm usually on my computer while watching, so I can concentrate on my work during the boring parts.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

I tape it so I can fast forward. The middle parts when they are cooking gets boring for me but I am curious to see who gets it right.

I have say I don't think I would ever figure out what the recipe was.

I think you have to really know ingredients to get it right...or maybe I am just not knowledgeable when it comes to ingredients.

@DREAMON I used to bake a lot, but fairly simple stuff, so I'm not that knowledgeable either.  Never heard of a Princess Cake.  I've heard of a Patachou, but really wasn't familiar with what exactly it is and how it is used.  I'm usually on my computer while watching, so I can concentrate on my work during the boring parts.  

@Icegoddess ,

Well you are ahead of me because I never heard of a Princess Cake or a PatachouWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Another great show this week. That one couple was the only one not to figure out it was a Princess Cake, which I had never heard of.

Anyone else still watching it?

@World Traveler I'm still watching. I have never watched a cooking/baking competition show, this is my first. Some of these bakers are true artists, the cakes are too beautiful to eat. I think being a professional baker gives you an edge, a couple of the contestants just seem to be people who like to bake. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 You are right. Some are professionals, but the mom and son just love to bake I think. I was surprised that the two guys left so early in the contest.

As I watched them all make the Princess Cake, I had never seen that before nor the fact that they put a layer on top, not frosting. Guess it is customary that it is round, like a boiler hat.

Respected Contributor

I'm always a little surprised when I watch these type shows. If I were in a baking competition I would have read, familiarize, studied, and test baked as many recipes as time permitted from the likes of Martha Stewart and Mary Berry.

Frequent Contributor

Like @DREAMON I record it so I can fast forward through the parts I don't like. I don't care for the "comedy" comments made by the host. I'd rather hear baking tips or something pertinent to the subject.

I like the premise of the show and some of the contestants are really talented.

It's an acceptable summer replacement show in my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I'm always a little surprised when I watch these type shows. If I were in a baking competition I would have read, familiarize, studied, and test baked as many recipes as time permitted from the likes of Martha Stewart and Mary Berry.

Yes, if some of the contestants watched The Great British Baking Show they'd recognize a Princess cake......

Trusted Contributor

The only way I can watch this show is on Hulu, it's bombarded with commercials.  I like to see the teams creations, not so much on Joel, I think he tries too hard to be funny.

Honored Contributor

WOW! I don't even know how to pronounce the 14" dessert they had to make. I don't know how to spell it either.

Anyone else hear of the dessert they had to make this week?

Trusted Contributor

Never heard of the dessert this week or the Princess Cake from last week.  I'm glad that the mother/daughter duo got the boot this week. That mother was so nasty to her daughter.