Honored Contributor

Re: Crime Scene Kitchen On FOX

@LuvmyLab I agree; not sure what the mother's problem was. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

WOW! I don't even know how to pronounce the 14" dessert they had to make. I don't know how to spell it either.

Anyone else hear of the dessert they had to make this week?

Croque en Bouche.  I'm only familiar with that one from another cooking show,  I think it was another competition show and that was what they had to make.  

I'm glad that mother/daughter team were sent home.  They were completely out of their league and just argued with each other all the time. The mother was so dismissive of her daughter.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

WOW! I don't even know how to pronounce the 14" dessert they had to make. I don't know how to spell it either.

Anyone else hear of the dessert they had to make this week?

It is called Croquembouche. I have seen this dessert created on other baking competitions. It is not easy to create. I do enjoy this show.

Respected Contributor

I rather like this show. Pate a choux has been on several baking shows and is used in cream puffs and eclairs.

Honored Contributor

A second season of this show is upcoming ( I think in early May). I'm not a cooking competition show fan but I really enjoy this show. 

Honored Contributor

I've been watching the second season. I do wonder how the bakers know all these recipes, are they able to look them up? Some desserts they may not ever have made and who can remember the ingredients and steps for every recipe?

Honored Contributor

l am still watching. The sticky buns last night looked delicious.

I am totally impressed ...I am getting better at the guessing but the ingredients for the recipes is way out of my range of knowledge for baking.

I have no idea how they remember all the ingredients for these recipes.

Esteemed Contributor

I make sure to DVR and watch as soon as I get home! I don’t recall if they had so many red herrings last season. Like last night, there were two with the sticky buns! But I guess you have to make things more difficult as it goes on.

I was sort of happy with the two that went home last night. They may have had a great run of “guessing” the correct item and moving ahead, but I don’t think the judges ever had many great things to say about their actual baking. Otherwise, I don’t have a favorite - I really don’t care who wins, it’s just a fun show.