Honored Contributor

Crash Landing On You on Netflix- The kind you never forget!

[ Edited ]

I just finished this and I was searching for the thread and poster who originally recommended this just several days ago but could not find it. I wanted to thank her.

This really is a movie I will never forget. The scenery was breathtaking, the actors so good. The directions, script. And like she said it is in subtitles (Korean language), I rarely noticed I was reading while listening to the lilting language.

I was crying a lot, laughing a lot, immersed.

Now, I can get some sleep finally!

16 episodes of about an hour each.

I'm afraid to get any other recommendations of another great series.

I couldn't stop watching.

Rather then give an inadequate synopsis, search the title and watch the trailer.

The only thing I didn't like, after awhile I got tired of every murderous, treacherous plot against the 2 leads.

I haven't cried so much since Dr. Zhivago. But all worth it and I loved the ending too. 

Most all the reviews were a 10. I could not find a bad one. It broke records on its Home Network and is one of the top streaming Korean Series. But whether Korean or any other nationality, it is an outstanding series.

edited to add,

Thanks @Tique for finding the orginal thread on this and also to @ArnetteDogwood, for first mentioning it!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Crash Landing On You on Netflix- The kind you never forget!

@on the bay   here's the thread.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

@on the bay  I watch a lot of Korean movies on Netflex.  There is a way to change the "subtitles" to audio "dub."

You have to do the changes in your "account" on Netflix "website."

NETFLIX

To use subtitles, captions, or alternate audio:

Open Netflix.

Select a TV show or movie.

Begin playing and take the action listed for your device:

Device
**Fire Stick** <----my device

Action
Press the up or down arrow on the remote

Select the Dialog icon  at either the top or bottom of the screen.

Make changes to the audio or subtitle selections.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I watched CLOY last spring.  Loved it.  Loved it!!!!  It was my first KDrama, but not my last.  But it has been the best.  The chemistry of the two leads was palpable.  I may have to watch it again.  

Trusted Contributor

My son recommended I watch Crash Landing so I did. I absolutely loved it. He warned me that it was emotional and he was right. At one point I was balling my eyes out and my husband asked if I was going to be ok. LoL 

The lead actors are so good together. I liked the supporting cast also. I was hoping for a different ending though. 
I loved the sound track and had to buy some of the songs on iTunes even though I speak no Korean. Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac,

Thank you!

That's good to know.

But you know, I also like to hear the languages, Italian, Korean, Japanese, but some I don't like so it's good to know.

It also would be interesting to see if I thought the dub in English matched the script.

I once was watching a Japanese movie, and the English dialog sounded so off. It probably depends on who is doing a good job (or not!) of translating.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan,

I'm so glad it wasn't just me. WE would have been a mess watching it together.

It was wonderful wasn't it?!

and att others, (may be a spoiler),

I was so happy about the ending. Now I'm wondering if I misinterpreted it.

How would you have wanted it to end? I'm interestedSmiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@on the bay 

I absolutely LOVED Crash Landing On You.

It was my first time watching a Korean show, by the third episode, you forget you are reading subtitles.

I laughed, I cried, it was just wonderful. So much so, that I will definitely watch it again.

Occasional Contributor

I am so Happy that several of you have watched CLOY. And loved it. Yes first time I watched it I cried a lot. You get to care about the characters so much. The military friends of Captain Ri and the village ladies are so funny as are so many of the characters are great. I have watched it a Bunch of times, a bunch. Some of the scenes between Captain Ri and Seri just take your breath away ( market candle scene for one). Yes music is outstanding. And to know that the two main actors are actually now seeing each other in real life is wonderful. There are a lot of good Korean, Taiwanese dramas as some of them I have watched many times. Please keep spreading the word to watch CLOY and other dramas. As I have said it CLOY is the best of all movies show ever. Also on Amazon you can buy CLOY items. Last year I bought my mask with Captain Ri and Seri on it. Thank y’all so much for watching CLOY.
Respected Contributor

@ArnetteDogwood wrote:
I am so Happy that several of you have watched CLOY. And loved it. Yes first time I watched it I cried a lot. You get to care about the characters so much. The military friends of Captain Ri and the village ladies are so funny as are so many of the characters are great. I have watched it a Bunch of times, a bunch. Some of the scenes between Captain Ri and Seri just take your breath away ( market candle scene for one). Yes music is outstanding. And to know that the two main actors are actually now seeing each other in real life is wonderful. There are a lot of good Korean, Taiwanese dramas as some of them I have watched many times. Please keep spreading the word to watch CLOY and other dramas. As I have said it CLOY is the best of all movies show ever. Also on Amazon you can buy CLOY items. Last year I bought my mask with Captain Ri and Seri on it. Thank y’all so much for watching CLOY.

Are they really?  Everything i have seen was just fan wishful thinking.