Esteemed Contributor

Is Joey Jackson back?...He was one of my favorite attorneys and legal analysts on Court TV!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I just read the transcripts of the police interviews.

I haven't read his transcripts yet, just hers.  

Oy these two.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Just read his last interview.

There are no words.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Not meant to offend anyone or any particular thing, but I've been wondering whether or not hospitals test mom's blood for heavy dr*gs before releasing babies to their homes.

At the very least, they can advise moms to be careful, have help, and perhaps bottle feed if and when they are taking heavy drugs.

Maybe states differ re: checking on possible child neglect cases(?)

At least the mom's father made an attempt and called the police days before, telling them that the children should be removed.  More or less, and Not a direct quote.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.

This case and situation has made me wonder and guess that there could be thousands of innocent newborns, babies, and children across the country who are in the same predicament.

A true shame. 

Hope all relatives and states 'step up' and make an attempt to solve this problem. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Apparently her father took the kids at one point, called the police and then the kids went back.

The baby was 15 days old.  She spent 4-5 in the hospital and 4-5 with her father or other family.  So there were only a few days where the baby was actually with them.

And they were on meth for at least one of those days according to the police interviews.

Very sad.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

It's been breaking my heart.

Honored Contributor

I've been thinking, over and over again, the possibility of one of the couple's dr*g sales contacts, maybe going to their trailer to collect m*ney from them (that they didn't have), taking the baby while the mom and dad were sound asleep after using m*th the night before.

OR

Another possibility I've thought about:

Since the older (two-years old) sister was used to picking up the newborn and carrying her around and into her bed, isn't there the possibility of her lifting the baby out of her sleeper, placing the baby on the floor...........

And then an adult, (could be the baby's father, or a third party) when checking on the baby, by accident, stepped on the baby.  Not knowing it had been placed there, and not knowing exactly what to do about it, took it out and buried the baby in the woods.

It could have been just about anyone who was used to going in and out of that trailer.

As a juror, I would be in a dilemma, trying to make a decision.

So many possibilities................

Honored Contributor

I just found out now, via the testimony of the forensic autopsy Dr.,  that the blow to the head was most likely a 'crushing' type of damage to the head on a firm surface.

Now I'm thinking that even the older child could have stepped on the baby's head on the floor.

Maybe the baby was crying, the parents were sound 'asleep', and the older child might have wanted the baby to stop crying.  She was only two or three years old at the time.

EDITED; TO ADD:   Could be that a neighbor heard crying, entered the trailer, stepped on the child by accident, took the baby into the woods...........(Since the parents were sound asleep.)

OR:

Then, when the mom asked the dad to go into the bedroom to check on the baby, he possibly found the deceased baby, took a few of his clothes in the bedroom, ran into the woods and wrapped the deceased baby, placed her in the ground.

There were photos of leaves with the baby, inside the wrapping of clothes.

'Gee', I don't know..............this is a riveting mystery of a case.

I keep thinking that it wouldn't take much pressure for a toddler to crush a soft head. 

I guess I'm going 'back and forth' on this matter.  I've always been a 'thinker'. 

Honored Contributor

I think the 4 year old did it, too.  I think it was a horrible accident and Chris the father panicked.  I don't think the mom Cortney knows what happened.

But if it happened in the house, there has to be physical evidence.  I guess that will come out in the trial

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN