Honored Contributor

Let's just hope that this trial is an example to all dr*g expectant mothers and mothers to be very careful.

That is, keep off of dr*gs at least during pregnancy, and take that step of giving their newborns to their relatives or agencies until they are completely free of dr*gs. 

I have a feeling that, no matter where, there are quite a few moms in this situation.

That's why I'm in favor of dr*g testing by doctors and also in hospitals, doing what they can to prevent newborns from returning to homes such as this one in this case.

I've heard before that many babies out there have quite a few general environmental chemicals in their urine.

What about m*th and other recreational dr*gs.  No mention of that.

Wishing all newborns and children well and safe.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Super Contributor

c@MyShadowLove wrote:

Is Joey Jackson back?...He was one of my favorite attorneys and legal analysts on Court TV!

You can catch him on True Crime daily on HLN @ 2 pm (est).

He is often the analyst/expert guest.

Super Contributor

. Was he found guilty of 2nd degree murder, manslaughter, or what?

I don't get Court TV on Spectrum here in MA., but I'm hoping that changes.

Of course, Spectrum will add another price increase and take away another channel......lol

I watched a total of 20- minutes online of the fathers interview with the white haired detective .....he talked..and talked....and talked until the detective got so bored he said ended it! 

Imagine the the conditions the other child has been raised in up to now.

I have no clue why a preemie was allowed to go home with a drug abuser.

Wasnt her history in her medical charts?

Was the babies blood tested for drugs?

Honored Contributor

Well, the baby's mom deserved some jail time for child negligence, imo.

Maybe in a re-hab type of jail, if one even exists.

I'd say five to ten years, with good behavior perks.

Lots of counseling. 

I still can't figure out why there aren't dr*g-sniffing K-9 dogs at prison entrances.  No drugs allowed to smuggle in.

I've been saying/thinking of this for years.

Clearly, there should be re-hab counseling in prisons.

Maybe start with the minimum security prisons; see how it works there.

Well, it's a step in the right direction...................

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

'Come to think of it',,,,,,, Several years ago one of those tv (or radio)  pastors suggested to hang around with non-drug/non-addicted folks.

In other words, hang around with friends who don't depend on drugs for their happiness.

See how other folks live. 

I think the message, more or less, was that: Folks who have addictions to something or someone, try to hang around with folks who don't have those particular addictions.

Just an example the way I see it:

A person addicted to, say, alcohol, try to hang around and have friends who aren't particularly 'into' always drinking.  Folks who aren't dependent on alcohol each and every hour, day, etc.

Also, having a job (or a purpose) other than an addiction way of life.

This mom (Courtney) hasn't a clue as to how regular (drug free) folks live.  She's been very isolated. Maybe if she had other friends, outside of her drug environment,  she might have been able to compare her life with theirs (parent-wise to their children/babies).

p.s.  Having a job, working with other people couldn't hurt, either. 

Seems that many in her crowd are unemployed, more or less.

'I don't know', it's a tough dilemma.

The District Attorney Prosecutor was recently interviewed and she mentioned that it might be a good thing for Courtney (the baby's mom) to be in jail, away from dr*gs, etc.  (Not a direct quote.)

I'm hoping that, when released, she will turn herself around, and be drug free.

Maybe move away from that area, and start a new life somewhere else.  Job, new friends, etc.

Honored Contributor
Cortney found out that her mother was actually a friend in the neighborhood when she was older. She found the hospital bracelet in a car or something
===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

p.s.  I edited my last post.