Honored Contributor

Court TV Shows -- Worst Excuse Ever!

[ Edited ]

I'm 71 and have watched The People's Court from Day 1 and Judge Judy the same.

Time after time, someone "loans" or gives money to someone, usually a flake, and the recipient uses the excuse that they will repay the giver when they get their tax refund!!

So many times the "taker" is on welfare or unemployed and has no intention or means of repaying.

I always laugh when a Plaintiff mentions this and I say to the TV "how dumb are you to believe that?" !!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Court TV Shows -- Worst Excsuse Ever!

I love Judge Judy.  Especially with her huge eye rolls, and when someone won't stop talking, and she repeatedly says, "I'm speaking".

OIP.jpg

j.jpg

Honored Contributor

Yes, it is pretty dumb to lend money and expect a pay back.  I never lend money to anyone.

I like watching Judge Judy, but I  noticed that she is slipping occasionally, especially when it comes to car accidents.  She often doesn't understand and cuts people off when they try to explain.

At least, no one has to pay anything out of pocket.  The show ponies up the money up to $5000. The party who must pay up, doesn't pay a cent.

Trusted Contributor

Somebody needs to explain modern technology to Judge Judy. One day I was watching, don't remember the whole story but, she insisted you cannot start a car unless you are sitting in it with your foot on the brake. What???? I guess she has never heard of remote start.

Respected Contributor

My husband loves these court shows.  I created for myself a "RAFJJ room".

Running away from Judge Judy room where I can read or watch anything else.

Respected Contributor

I used to love Judge Judy but anymore she is just too mean and nasty.  Probably for ratings.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Court TV Shows -- Worst Excuse Ever!

I used to love her show but it seems to be the same cases over and over...

I usually watch Hot Bench

Respected Contributor

"Loaning" someone $$ is a mistake if you ever expect to have it paid back.  Whether it be thru a tax refund or when I get my paycheck or my insurance settlement.....She gets so many of those cases.  "Oh, it was a gift" is another biggie.  Sure my ponying up $2,000 for your get out of jail free card was just a "gift".  Often times the loaners are just naive souls who don't know any better.  Oftentimes its the women "gifting" to the men in their lives.

Another mistake is co-signing on a loan and how much hot water that will lead you into.  Or driving someone else's car, borrowing it for the day and then getting it totaled in a wreck.  I luv JJ.  She takes NO nonsense.  I find her highly entertaining, just her facial xpressions alone make me chuckle. 

I agree with her rulings most of the time, but there have been a few where I completely disagree. 

One case in point involved driving.  One woman had a red light.  One woman had a green arrow to make a left turn.  The woman proceeded to make her left turn on her green arrow, but the woman stopped at the red light made a right turn on red.  And the two cars collided.  The woman who made the right on red, claimed the green arrow lady came into her lane and thus collided with her.  The green arrow lady claimed since the other woman was stopped at her red light, she should have yielded to her.  Who had the right of way?  I say the lady with the green arrow, but JJ ruled in favor of the right on red woman.  (The right on red woman had a "witness" who stated the green arrow lady came over into their lane.) 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH and I sometimes watch these shows and have also developed a ritual when someone is complaining about a roommate or buying anything from pets to cars or funiture and the judge asks "where did you find this advertisement?"

We shout out "Craigslist!" and are right 90% of the time. Woman LOL

Denise
Honored Contributor

I watch Hot Bench, although I wish the male judge wasn't such a "wuss" so often.  Can't stand Judge Judy.  Never watch her.  She's just plain mean.