Respected Contributor

Re: Court Shows

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

Used to watch back in the day when they were marginably believable.

Now it's only ocassional because a) Only thing on - or - b) I want to feel sane next to these people, LOL  (Unfortunately, I don't always win.)

If DH is also watching, we play a game when whichever judge asks the plaintiff where they found the apartment, roommate, car, boat, babysitter, dog, etc.

Whomever shouts 'CRAIGSLIST!" first wins...nothing.

LOL re the last 2 paragraphs.  It seems that is the case (no pun intended).  I get tired of all the tenant problems, the roommate problems, the construction problems, the pit bull ones, the dogs in the parks biting each other or people.

I am starting to wean myself off People's Court since it's the same stuff over and over again.  I enjoy Hot Bench and once in a while watch Judge Judy.  Never liked Judge Mathis or the others.  I hear that Jerry Springer has one on too.  Since when is he a judge?  I'll have to Google that one.

I like People's Court and Judge Mablean.  I saw that JS has a show too.  No way.

So many out there that I don't even want to watch.  I'd like to find someone who will watch JS for me.  LOL.

I miss Judge Alex.  He was one of my favorites. 

Trusted Contributor

Since I have retired, I got used to watching those shows - just Judge Judy and Hot Bench, althouhPaternity Court come on before Judge Judy, but I am starting to feel like the Rainman when I am out and start to rush to get home before they start! He couldn't miss Judge Wapner!

Respected Contributor

@SWEET: When I first heard that Jerry Springer was going to be a judge on a court show, I laughed out loud. The first thought in my head was a wild and crazy show like the "Jerry Springer" show. I watched a couple of shows and, to my surprise, it was pretty good. It's nothing like his former shows at all, no knock down drag out fights. He actually is an attorney, who practiced law years ago and he was once the Mayor of Cincinnati! Who'd a thunk??? LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I like Judge Judy and Hot Bench but sometimes the case can be annoying/upsetting, like the one the OP mentioned.  If the case has anything to do with animals or abuse, I don’t watch.  I know People’s Court always announces that they do not use actors, that the cases are real.  Some of the other judge shows come across as scripted and phony, and downright silly.  I don’t watch those.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

He host the series "Whistleblower"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@SWEET: When I first heard that Jerry Springer was going to be a judge on a court show, I laughed out loud. The first thought in my head was a wild and crazy show like the "Jerry Springer" show. I watched a couple of shows and, to my surprise, it was pretty good. It's nothing like his former shows at all, no knock down drag out fights. He actually is an attorney, who practiced law years ago and he was once the Mayor of Cincinnati! Who'd a thunk??? LOL

Wow.  I didn't realize he was an atty but did know he was the former Mayor of Cincinnati.  I guess his "talk show" was just for show as we all know and he can be a real person.  It was his guests/audience who were crazy.  LOL.  I might just have to DVR a show and see if I like it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

He host the series "Whistleblower"

Just looked it up and you have to sign up to access it.  Is it on line only?   I didn't realize he was 2 years younger than me and 58 years old. He's still handsome from his most recent picture and more distinguished.  Always thought he was handsome and litigants always mentioned it.  I was always waiting for him to blush. LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

There was a show on Judge Judy about 6 months ago where a neighbors dog jumped the fence and started attacking the Plaintiffs small white dog. They were playing the video of it from a security camera. The poor little dog was being throw around like a rag doll...

That one kept me up all night since I have a small dog that almost got attacked by a rottweiler on a walk with my hubby. The owner didn't have it on a leash and if my hubby wasn't there kicking it in the face while I was on the ground protecting hy little Holly....the outcome would have been really bad.

The lady came up and was LAUGHING....I never heard my husband use so many 4 letter words in a sentence.....Luckily a Park Policeman had been driving by and she got arrested...

Some people just don't "get it".....

Honored Contributor

@SWEETWhistleblower is on CBS.

You can catch up S1 & S2 on On Demand.  S2 ended this past June.  At his time unknown if its been renewed for S3.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@SWEETWhistleblower is on CBS.

You can catch up S1 & S2 on On Demand.  S2 ended this past June.  At his time unknown if its been renewed for S3

Do you have Verizon since I don't see to see it on mine?  I'll have to check On Demand.