Honored Contributor

👀 Counterpart (STARZ) 👀

Looks like this series starts Jan 21st.  First episode is currently available on the STARZ website as well as On Demand.

"Counterpart tells the story of Howard Silk (J.K. Simmons), a lowly cog in a bureaucratic UN agency who is turning the last corner of a life filled with regret, when he discovers the agency he works for is guarding a secret: a crossing to a parallel dimension. Through Howard and his “counterpart” on the other side, the show will navigate themes of identity, idealism, what ifs, and lost love."

The previews & extended trailer looks promising & interesting. 

Will check out the first episode sometime this week on On Demand.

Anyone seen it yet?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Re: 👀 Counterpart (STARZ) 👀

I am looking forward.  I always enjoy J.K. Simmons.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm wondering if anyone has watched this?   The background was all set up with the first episode .... and I'm guessing this is going to be a very good series.

Related image

https://www.starz.com/buy-starz/custom-landing?TID=35583&referrer=gclid%3DCj0KCQiAtJbTBRDkARIsAIA0a5...

Honored Contributor

Question if you watched it ........  in the final scene, the "other" went home and sat down with his lady.   He'd stated earlier that she had died of cancer.  Did he say that to protect her .... or what?   Any theories?

Honored Contributor

I've never watched Counterpart but its theme reminds me of another sci-fi series Fringe, created in part by J.J. Abrams.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've never watched Counterpart but its theme reminds me of another sci-fi series Fringe, created in part by J.J. Abrams.

@SilleeMee

This is brand new ... the first episode aired last night, Sunday Jan 21st.

Honored Contributor

It could be to prevent the "boring" counterpart from looking up the healthy wify/girlfriendconfused.gifwhen he crosses over.  

I think the hipper counterpart told the boring one he wants him to take over his life on the other side.

I also think the "favorite tie" is of some significance in future episodes.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee

This is brand new ... the first episode aired last night, Sunday Jan 21st.

@Tinkrbl44

First episode was aired 1/1/18.  Last night was a repeat because of the playoffs.

Honored Contributor

thanks!

Valued Contributor

This series, with J.K. Simmons is SO GOOD. I just watched episode 5 and I find I can't wait for each new episode.

I don't know if you can get it On Demand or if repeat episodes will be shown. If you like mystery and intrigue, you need to check it out.