Regular Contributor

A friend clued me into this show and I'm so glad she did!  Yes, it reminds me a lot of

A Million Little Things - a layered family/close friend drama.  I really like the premise of the show - that there are a group of dads dedicated to helping out a family who lost theirs.  I am 4 episodes in and will watch it through the entire season.  Thank goodness for on-demand!  I am always looking for new shows to watch during the Covid era.  

Honored Contributor

Next Thursday, 7/2 is the season finale, no clue if it will return. 

Trusted Contributor

I think this is a thoughtful show and I am glad I found it.

Esteemed Contributor

It's been canceled.

I had watched a bit of the first episode and that was it.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

It's been canceled.

I had watched a bit of the first episode and that was it.

Not surprised, it was promoted badly by NBC, it had the pilot , then not on again for 5 weeks, then time kept changing, like they wanted it to die a slow death. 

Honored Contributor

Does anyone other than I want Anthony and Robin to get together? Say what you will about Anthony, he came through big time for the Perry family. As for Oliver and Peter, (seeing the promo for next week)  Oliver seems to want to still adopt the baby even if he has medical issues. Peter looks like he doesn't want the baby, like he's damaged goods. When you give birth to a baby, you don't get to give them back if you think they are less than perfect. You suck it up, you love and care for the child, you do your best for them.

Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoyed this show. I am sorry to hear that it has been cancelled. They keep all these reality shows that are not real and cancel the family shows. Who runs these networks?

Honored Contributor

According to what we know about the inherited illness it does not show up unti around age 35 or so, 

Honored Contributor

I feel like why should I invest my time in new shows, nine out of ten times it's cancelled, when will I learn!

Honored Contributor

Re: Council Of Dads

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I feel like why should I invest my time in new shows, nine out of ten times it's cancelled, when will I learn!

So many of us get sucked in, it is just a cr ap shoot as to which ones will survive!!