Esteemed Contributor

Re: Could Comcast Just Be Nice and Make ALL CHANELS FREE FOR EVERYONE

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@lizzys wrote:

COMCAST UPDATE

I paused a TV show and the screen said "watch on the house while you are in the house go to free"  I just spoke free in my remote and some channels including showtime showed up as free until April 19th!

@lizzys:  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the heads up! Smiley Very Happy 

You are correct . I just said free into my voicemail and Showtime, Epix and the Vault History came up. They are free until April 19th. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

RIGHT NOW????????

They don't have the right.  They have contracts with each premium channel ortheir corporate owner.  It's the channels that would have to do it and that would be a huge kindness, I  agree.  The reason Comcast is giving free internet is because it's theirs to give.

Honored Contributor

while i think this is a nice idea, what about those of us who PAY for all of those channels year round? they would have to reduce our bills if they wanted to do this.

i do suggest USTVGO. it is a free service via the internet and you can find a lot of channels there that you may not already get.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I wish they would stop playing games like "Guess which channel we're taking away"! Until last week we got the Sundance channel. Now we don't get it. Nothing else changed that I know of. Smiley Frustrated

i am still getting it in the baltimore area.

not sure if i am still getting it at the beach though?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Directv gave me 10 days of free Showtime right now. A few weeks ago they gave me Cinemax for free. Before that it was another one, can't remember which one that was. 

Respected Contributor

Please remember that they are a business and they have 1,000’s of employees that depend on a weekly paycheck. There are other things one can do besides watching TV. Oh my 😱 what did we do in the good ole days. Read, hobbies.......
Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@lizzys wrote:

COMCAST UPDATE

I paused a TV show and the screen said "watch on the house while you are in the house go to free"  I just spoke free in my remote and some channels including showtime showed up as free until April 19th!

@lizzys:  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the heads up! Smiley Very Happy 

You are correct . I just said free into my voicemail and Showtime, Epix and the Vault History came up. They are free until April 19th. Thank you.

Yes!  Thank you, @lizzysthumbs up gif

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

After reading this post I went into my On Demand lineup and found some freebies in there including Showtime!! Comcast did not notify me of this and I only found out about it from this thread.  So, thank you!! I'm getting caught up on Ray Donovan.

Honored Contributor

It is a business.  

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote

Yes!  Thank you, @lizzysthumbs up gif

Heya dooB!   Very nice seeing ya!!  Heart

As to the thread title question - Why should they be expected to give some people ALL the channels for free?  I honestly do not get that.  

I'm paying for my cable and if it came to not being able to afford it then I would either cancel it or dial it down, as I do get pretty much all the Premium channels.   I could see giving a break on basic cable, which adds a zillion channels, but all the Premium channels and such - it's not like any of this is a necessity to survive.

It sounds like some of them are giving away some, so that's good if they can do that without catastrophic lost.   Smiley Happy