Respected Contributor

Re: Cosby To Woman At Show: ‘You Have To Be Careful About Drinking Around Me’ YouTube

On 1/11/2015 Karsa said:
On 1/11/2015 javala said:
On 1/11/2015 emmysmom said:
On 1/10/2015 Karsa said:

javela - you, of course have every right to your opinion....and I am sure you feel the same way about my opinion. I investigated domestic violence and child abuse for more than 25 years. If the general public had any idea at all how rare it is for sexual abuse to go to court, much less get a conviction... they would be shocked. It is almost impossible to get a case heard in court...especially when it is rape or sexual abuse....The ole "he said, she said" thing comes into play...and with child sexual abuse - it is "adult said, child said" - think about that for a minute.... For far too many cases, unless you have a video of it happening(and that would be almost impossible), no one is charged...and remember I am talking about children who disclose in great detail.

When celebrities are involved, people sure want to blame the victim...But when I look at Bill Cosby, I DO see a rapist and I don't find it far fetched. This whole thing goes both ways....we don't want people to be labeled before it is heard in court...but shouldn't we also NOT want the limitations of our court system to allow the guilty to get away with it? In this case, he isn't ever going to even face jail time....there will never be a loss of freedom...I don't feel so bad about the fact that he is being called out about his behavior. He is a public figure and subject to public opinion. He is getting off easy if even part of what these women says is true.

Ita..I saw many victims at a women's safehome..they weren't going after their husband, boyfriend etc..they were terrified!

ok so now Cosby also beats people up... got it!

Where do you see anything that claims he beat someone up? I certainly didn't say that in my post you copied and neither did emmysmom. Apparently, you're just trying to get a rise out of people. Not sure why I was so careful to say I respected your opinion when you don't do the same. You just reply with comments that appear that you haven't bothered to fully read what others have to say.

I apologized for my sarcasm but for the life of me it is not right to tare a person until we know for sure most of what I have seen of people today they have no foundation of right and wrong everything is relative nor an understanding of trying to be friends with all even with those if there is a possibility they will lob off your head it is insane out there...

I think all this stink is because Cosby had an effect on family values, and in politics today that is taboo... he must be stop... folks are leaving the phony social justice plantation and thinking on their own....

I always said if he is guilty throw the book at him but until that is a fact it is only gossip...

Respected Contributor

Re: Cosby To Woman At Show: ‘You Have To Be Careful About Drinking Around Me’ YouTube

Please don't get upset with me but what are we allowing to happen to us!

Honored Contributor

Why would American leaders be there? Aren't they supposed to running the country?

Trusted Contributor

javala runs her own agenda.... she seems to need some help.... if we don't agree with her she goes off on tangents.... how what happened in France fits in with the Cosby thing is only in javala's mind...

Respected Contributor

On 1/11/2015 SydneyH said:

Why would American leaders be there? Aren't they supposed to running the country?

It is about time.....

Respected Contributor

I don't know maybe there is no more common ground and each for themselves....

Honored Contributor

Gardenman, with all due respect, there were no rape kits then. How were these women to come forward when there was no DNA and no rape kits and each of them thought they were his only victim.

Even now there are hundreds of thousands of rape kits, lying on shelves in police stations, that have not been processed, allowing rapists and serial rapists to walk our streets and threaten us: females.

He is clearly a serial rapist.

Game On, agree with everything you said.

Javala, you generally ignore facts but here is another: There is a statute of limitations on rape. Nothing can be proven because nothing can be brought to court.

Our laws about rape are out of touch with innovations such as the rape kit and DNA testing. Rape is a violent crime and there should no longer be a statute of limitations on it. Won't save Cosby's victims but maybe some in the future.

Honored Contributor

On 1/11/2015 javala said:

It is about time.....

I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous, they surely don't have time to be marching around, this forum is not the place to discuss politics anyways.......

Honored Contributor

On 1/11/2015 game-on said:

javala runs her own agenda.... she seems to need some help.... if we don't agree with her she goes off on tangents.... how what happened in France fits in with the Cosby thing is only in javala's mind...

I don't see the connection either, wt@?

Trusted Contributor

lori.... you made great points.... I remember that people would try to get the results of rape kits and they would not be tested and often could not be found (the kits) ..... if the building leaked the evidence would get ruined.... this would be years after the rape was committed... I see this as another evidence of women being treated as second class citizens....