Honored Contributor

This show will air tomorrow night on the CW at 9:00. It is a show first seen in 2019 on CBC in Canada, there are two seasons. It stars Serinda Swan (she is the only name I know, she was on Ballers) as a coroner. "Based on the best-selling series of books by M.R. Hall, "Coroner" follows a recently widowed coroner who investigates unnatural suspicious or sudden deaths in Toronto".

Honored Contributor

This is on tonight in case anyone is interested.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   Thanks for the heads up.  Premise sounds interesting.  I watch this show called Autopsy which I find interesting.  Forgot what channel it's on.

Another on the same line as Coroner is a show called "Accident, Murder or Suicide" which is on the Oxygen channel.  These are "true" stories.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

So did anyone watch last night? Does anyone think there is more than meets the eye about the death of the coroner's husband? He was a gambler, he took out a second mortgage on the house. He left her with nothing but debts. I wouldn't be surprised if he was murdered ( poisoned or something he probably owed money to a bookie).

Esteemed Contributor

Just watched it.  Had not thought of that, but told DH she was going to buy the house when she was walking through it.  It has my attention so put it on series recording.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Wow!  Thanks @Jordan2  I'll set my DVR up to copy it.

Sounds like a show I'd like.  My daughter has been here helping me with my broken back. 

She's setting all kind of electronics up I'd bought and not hooked up.

She's also showing me shows I'd like and would ordinarily miss.

I love, love TV and so does she.  It's been like another world all that she's shown me.

We are really big fans of Supernatural.  Your shows sounds a little along those lines.

Different but kinda same we just sat through 2 seasons of THE UMBRELLA Academy.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, I just set it up to DVR next episode.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Wow!  Thanks @Jordan2  I'll set my DVR up to copy it.

Sounds like a show I'd like.  My daughter has been here helping me with my broken back. 

She's setting all kind of electronics up I'd bought and not hooked up.

She's also showing me shows I'd like and would ordinarily miss.

I love, love TV and so does she.  It's been like another world all that she's shown me.

We are really big fans of Supernatural.  Your shows sounds a little along those lines.

Different but kinda same we just sat through 2 seasons of THE UMBRELLA Academy.

@Annabellethecat66 I'm sorry about your back, I wish you a speedy recovery. I LOVED The Umbrella Academy, I liked the second season better than the first. I love anything that has to do with Kennedy, conspiracy theories, the what ifs. If you like that too there is a show on Hulu 11.22.63 starring James Franco, about time traveling and what if you can change history.

Honored Contributor

It was ok.  I'll give it 2 more episodes before my final decision.

I did not suspect anything regarding the husband's death.  Although the coroner was hesitant to jump into the pool.  I'm quite sure whoever did the autopsy would have found something if a "suspicious" death.

@MamaWick   You think the handyman comes w/the house? whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

I have to admit I was disappointed in the show and found it a bit boring.  Typical grief-striken emotionally unbalanced protagonist with with a spouse involved in shady business that couldor could not have possibly led to his death.  I didn't find the characters or murder plot very compelling.  Instead, I decided to rewatch episodes of "Hannibal," which I really enjoyed the first time around.