Honored Contributor

Re: Corey Feldman's documentary to be released Monday

@lmt wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@lmt   Many sexual abuse victims make money from being abused.  Those who have sued churches and colleges have made millions.

I personally don't know how money will make them better or hurt less, but it seems to be the way this is going...especially if the abuser is well known or a public figure or they work for an organization who has money or insurance.

@Carmie  You're right about that. I certainly can understand going after the abusers. Absolutely.

What bothers me is Corey Feldman charging the public to hear about his story. Why not sue his abusers? If that's not an option, for whatever reason, why not just name the abusers and be done with it?

He has tried to name the abusers.  When he wrote his book, he named them, but the publisher changed the names to protect the guilty.  He has tried to when interviewed and some of the abusers names are out there, but many of his abusers are being protected and no one will allow him to get the name out there.

There sees, to be an element of fear in Hollywood in exposing names.

I see his documentary never made it to live streaming.  Cory claims it was hijacked and hacked.  Who knows.  If even only half of what he says in true, there is a big problem.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@lmt   Many sexual abuse victims make money from being abused.  Those who have sued churches and colleges have made millions.

I personally don't know how money will make them better or hurt less, but it seems to be the way this is going...especially if the abuser is well known or a public figure or they work for an organization who has money or insurance.

@CarmieMy answer may be a little off topic but a few years ago a Tucson dentist injured a nerve in my face.  I was house bound with Trigeminal Neuralga for 8 months and when I got better DH & I visited one of our favorite stores.  The owners were shocked at my appearance and suggested we see their attorney.  We did and my 1st statement to him was "I want this man to never hurt another patient!" His answer was "all I can do is get you a settlement."  We did not want money so we never went any farther except to file a complaint to the Dental board.

My point is all anyone can do is sue for money.

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Twitter Angry that Corey Feldman’s Documentary Livestream Didn’t Work

People who tried to watch online and had purchased $20 tickets were left in the dark. It took 90 minutes or more before they were even told that they wouldn’t get to see the film the day of its release, and even then the details were murky.

The only message for streaming viewers was left on his website, telling them that they would receive access to watch the film “as soon as possible.”

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/03/twitter-angry-corey-feldman-documentary-didnt-stream/

Before I went to bed, I checked Corey's Twitter and people were saying they had a dark screen and couldn't access the site.  I thought that might happen.  Seems like there would be a platform like Hulu or Netflix or Amazon that would have made a deal with him to stream it.  Sounds like there was a disclaimer that would make it so people couldn't get a refund.  Wow.  I wonder how many people paid.  Thanks for the link to the Heavy article @lmt .  If I had paid, I'd be upset because the second streaming is taking place during my work hours and there would be no way I could see it.  I'm having a hard time believing his website was hacked.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some comments by Corey F. from a Fox News interview:

“I don't know how we're gonna get people to see the film. We've got to solve that problem first. Yes, some people have seen the film, but the world who's waiting has not seen the film as far as I know. So I've got to really get to the bottom of it, find out how we get this back online and how we get it to stream tomorrow properly at twelve o'clock without being hacked.”

“If we find that we cannot stream it without being hacked, then I'm going to have to field distribution offers and I'm gonna have to figure out how we actually get this thing, you know, picked up so they can play theatrically,” said Feldman. “I mean, it looks great in a theater, right? There's no reason why it can't be played in theaters because the country maybe we take the money and we four-wall theaters. I don't know. We've got to figure it out. Thanks for your time. I really appreciate.”

“I'm very sorry about this. Here's what's going on. For some reason, the streaming site that does this supposedly professionally and this is all they do, is not streaming our film,” he explained to the audience. “It's not streaming. Now, that leaves me with quite a conundrum, because these people have paid money all over the world to find out what you guys are about to find out. And it wouldn't really be fair of me to play the answer to this film right now without the rest of the people who paid good money to see it at the same time as you.”

“I'm going to take a vote,” Feldman pressed. “I'm going to take a vote. I really get this is a tough one. I love you guys. But I also don't want to do anybody else wrong. Either way, we're trying to find out. They asked me to give them 10 minutes… But I've got to make sure that everybody gets to see this movie.”

In an instant, Feldman is on the phone with the service provider for the streaming site and places the phone call on speakerphone for the audience to hear.

“That’s what we’re seeing right now – we’re seeing an attack coming in,” a man’s voice said. “We’ve been seeing it since the beginning of this, added a woman’s voice on the other end. “And they’ve been clearing it and dealing with it, but they keep coming back.”

“And we can’t fight it off, it’s too strong,” the gentleman chimed on the phone call.

Esteemed Contributor

I've read some articles this afternoon that say Corey F. just named one new name--and that's the person who allegedly raped/molested Corey Haim.  Various places have speculated that name in the past.  I'll put it here in a spoiler:

Spoiler
Charlie Sheen

Corey F. also named people who allegedly abused him:

Spoiler
1. Alphy Hoffman, nightclub owner
2. John Grissom, actor in Licensed to Drive and Dream a Little Dream
3. Dominick Brascia, actor and former friend of the two Coreys
Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan   He released those names years ago.  There are supposed to be new ones of really powerful people in the business.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@wildcat fan   He released those names years ago.  There are supposed to be new ones of really powerful people in the business.

@Carmie I've seen these names as well, but these are the only ones mentioned in the few articles I've read today about last night's screening.  Have you read about any other names? 

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan   no, not yet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@wildcat fan   no, not yet.

Thanks @Carmie Please keep me posted if you see anything.  

Honored Contributor

someone on Facebook group I am a member of posted the movie/documentary.  Glad I did not pay for it. Boring!