Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

It is a funny show even if it sometimes does make us laugh AT elderly people and not with them;  but the funniest part to me and to hubby too is that "Margaret" is just 65 and she's in that type of place...lol.     We're 57 and the thought that we could be living life like that in 8 years is funny, even for a sitcom world.  I think that shows how young the writers must be, so young they think 65 is elderly. 

I noticed that too.  Funny how Vickie Lawrence is playing a younger character now after dressing as an older character on Mama's Family/Carol Burnett.  

At the risk of making them too similar to Golden Girls, I'd rather have this cast living in a house or neighborhood.  The retirement home setting with all the random strangers in the background doesn't create interest for me.

I agree, even a sitcom has to based on reality.  It would have made more sense to have them all share house or live in the same apartment building.  

Respected Contributor

Tagged it on my DVR (along with a bunch of other new shows) and am pleasantly surprised to find I like it!

Funniest part is that I've always enjoyed Vicki Lawrence, Martin Mull and David Alan Greer, but never heard of Leslie Jordan -  I just love me some Sid!

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

I deleted it without watching! rats   why did I do that?

I liked the first two. 

Honored Contributor

We've been enjoying the show too.  Perhaps I'm too sensitive, but I find the joking about drinking and getting drunk not to be funny.  Alcoholism is a serious issue and I don't think it should be joked about.  JMO

Valued Contributor

I love this show!  Last night's episode was hysterical.  Destiny...LOL!

Super Contributor

The pilot episode had me laughing out loud several times

The second episode, not so much.

There is too much emphasis on the Leslie Jordan character,

for me.

He is too flamboyant, and too "out there".

Honored Contributor

I think the actors work well together but probably because they are on par with each other as far as talent. 

We caught the show on HULU late last night.  That is where we will continue watching because the show simply isn't on a high priority for us.

It is funny, a tad predictable, but overall just an easy comedic diversion.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@forsythia1 wrote:

The pilot episode had me laughing out loud several times

The second episode, not so much.

There is too much emphasis on the Leslie Jordan character,

for me.

He is too flamboyant, and too "out there".

Leslie was the only one of the characters that had me shrieking. Don’t think the show will make it far into the season.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to set my dvr and i missed i t!

Grr..

i'm really liking this show

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

We've been enjoying the show too.  Perhaps I'm too sensitive, but I find the joking about drinking and getting drunk not to be funny.  Alcoholism is a serious issue and I don't think it should be joked about.  JMO

I see what you mean.  Seems like most of their jokes and plot revolve around alcohol and sex.  I wish there was more substance.  They can be funny without all those references.