Honored Contributor

Anyone watch it last night? Funny,funny show.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1,

Yes! Caught last night's episode, was sorry I missed the first two though! Very funny, thanks for posting,

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/18/e2/4c18e21366d9c38573824dc4fc87867f.jpg]

Valued Contributor

I record it but have not watched last nights episode yet.  I love the show!  I laugh out loud when I watch it.  Fresh and different and because I'm sixty six years old I can totally relate.   

Honored Contributor

DH worked in a retirement community and then both of our Moms were residents at a retirement community. Another reason we enjoy it so VERY much.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Haven't seen this show yet but DH & I also really enjoy the new show 'The Neighborhood'. It's also very funny, great charaters in it mesh together nicely.

Honored Contributor

It is a funny show even if it sometimes does make us laugh AT elderly people and not with them;  but the funniest part to me and to hubby too is that "Margaret" is just 65 and she's in that type of place...lol.     We're 57 and the thought that we could be living life like that in 8 years is funny, even for a sitcom world.  I think that shows how young the writers must be, so young they think 65 is elderly. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like the cast and there have been laughs, but seems something is missing.  Can't quite figure it out, but the characters lack depth...guess it's the writing.  Loved seeing Jamie Farr in the first episode but disappointed to see he's not a regular.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It is a funny show even if it sometimes does make us laugh AT elderly people and not with them;  but the funniest part to me and to hubby too is that "Margaret" is just 65 and she's in that type of place...lol.     We're 57 and the thought that we could be living life like that in 8 years is funny, even for a sitcom world.  I think that shows how young the writers must be, so young they think 65 is elderly. 

I noticed that too.  Funny how Vickie Lawrence is playing a younger character now after dressing as an older character on Mama's Family/Carol Burnett.  

At the risk of making them too similar to Golden Girls, I'd rather have this cast living in a house or neighborhood.  The retirement home setting with all the random strangers in the background doesn't create interest for me.

Trusted Contributor

I've seen all of the shows so far and have enjoyed them.

Does anyone else notice that when their moving their mouths while speaking the sound does not match their mouths.  It's like the show has the volume too fast or the film is too slow?   Kinda hard to explain, but I hope it gets fixed.

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop When that happens to me, the sound and picture not syncing, it sometimes happens when I am watching a recorded program, one I DVR'd. It stops if I temporarily pause the program and then start it up again from where I left off.

Don't think it has anything to do with the program itself, but rather my TV and DVR getting out of sync. Could be wrong on that, but that is when it happens for me.

I have never seen that happen when I watch a program live, only when I DVR or pause it temporarily (usually to go to the kitchen to get something to eat!), and then start it up again.