Honored Contributor

We had HBO for a few months. Ordered it to watch Perry Mason -terrible,terrible. Anyway we watched very little,if anything. Would not subscribe again.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Valued Contributor

We have HBO and Cinemax (along with a ton of other channels that we rarely find anything decent to watch on) and get HBOMAX for "free." You just sign into it.  The couple of times we tried it, it was the same old stuff already shown and/or available on HBO and Cinemax. So yes, it's included in the already inflated price we pay.

Honored Contributor

We have HBO, Showtime and Starz in a package, and while I was able to watch the very 1st episode of The Flight Attendant, I have not been able to find it to watch the rest of it!

Very strange!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

...and too lazy to look into it as I figure you guys know.

So, if I already have the individual HBO and MAX (and all their subcategories) does that mean HBOMAX has new content not available on individual HBO or MAX channels?

I refuse to subscribe/pay for yet another "channel".

@denisemb 

I have Xfinity for my cable and internet service. I found out last week that HBO Max was included with the package I have. 

You can sign in your account online and check. 

@Nuttmeg 

We just found out that we have it and have been paying for it for months.  Never wanted it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I have XFinity, I get free Netflix and Showtime and Epix, but no HBO, so does that mean I dont get HBO MAX.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Confused about HBOMAX

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

...and too lazy to look into it as I figure you guys know.

So, if I already have the individual HBO and MAX (and all their subcategories) does that mean HBOMAX has new content not available on individual HBO or MAX channels?

I refuse to subscribe/pay for yet another "channel".

@denisemb 

I have Xfinity for my cable and internet service. I found out last week that HBO Max was included with the package I have. 

You can sign in your account online and check. 

@Nuttmeg 

We just found out that we have it and have been paying for it for months.  Never wanted it.

@just bee 

It is included free with HBO. You can cancel HBO or you may find a program. 

Valued Contributor

HBOMAX is currently available via streaming through the Amazon Firestick.

I think they're still working through the process with Roku.

Google tells me that HBO MAX is only a streaming service. 

hope this helps. maybe? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have XFinity, I get free Netflix and Showtime and Epix, but no HBO, so does that mean I dont get HBO MAX.

I would say no. 

HBO MAX as a stand alone streaming service costs $14.99 plus tax per month. 

You should call Xfinity and ask what you would have to pay to add it to your cable package. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I would say no. 

HBO MAX as a stand alone streaming service costs $14.99 plus tax per month. 

You should call Xfinity and ask what you would have to pay to add it to your cable package. 

Thanks but no thanks, I am not giving XF one more dime than I already do !! I have free Netflix and rarely watch it.