Respected Contributor

What do you think of today's commercials? I think a lot of them are really well done, creative and inventive, and much better than the programs, which lately have been pretty run-of-the-mill and imitative of each other.

Esteemed Contributor

No doubt; they're art....reflective of our culture. That said, I don't watch TV or movies to see commercials... I'd rather not see them at all. There seems to be WAY too many....but I understand why they're on.

Honored Contributor

My favorites feature animals.

Respected Contributor

There are some very creative people making commercials that are actually enjoyable to watch and some are very funny.  As for TV programs lately, very few that I care to watch and I watch very little TV.  I would rather read.

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten @I was with my sister yesterday and she was trying to parallel park. When she finished she asked to took out and make certain she was close enough to the curb, I looked and " parking like a glove girl!" (Alecia keys on the Allstate commercial) we both burst out into laughter! I guess we pay too much attention to commercials! Lol

Respected Contributor

Dislike commercials greatly. We have streaming services with no commercials. If we want to watch a show on regular channels, we record it and watch it the next night so that we can skip commercials. That's how badly we dislike them.

Honored Contributor

Half the time, I can't even figure out WHAT they are selling...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Half the time, I can't even figure out WHAT they are selling...

Agree completely!  Try to record most programs so I can skip all the commercials. 

Honored Contributor

hoRe: Commercials

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I think today's commercials lack creativity, they're unimaginative, boring, dull, somewhat childish, and some are downright rude, crude, and lewd.....and whats up with all the "bratty kids" in commercials too....(Lexus, Oscar Mayer, Kraft Mac n Cheese, Bowny paper towels etc etc)

Commercials of the past were funny, creative, imaginative, and some were also very touching---Viewers even watched with great interest to see if their favorite won. 

There is an Emmy Award for best in advertising......The only one I liked of the Emmy Nominated commercials this year was "Walter The Cat".....A Public Service Announcement won this year from the Sandy Hook Community -----a commercial didnt even win----

Detectives - Apple iPhone 13 Pro
no image placeholder

Everyone But Jon Hamm - Apple TV+
no image placeholder

Skate Nation Ghana - Meta
no image placeholder

Teenage Dream - Sandy Hook Promise
no image placeholder

The Lost Class - Change The Ref

no image placeholder

Walter The Cat Chevrolet

no image placeholder

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I find the wolf in sheep's clothing for Fluzone (flu vax) commercial to be very creative and engaging : )

I particularly love the change in the wolf's expression throughout it !

Another favorite is for Chewy and showcases Little Red Riding Hood at her grandmother's house with a visitor at the door.  RR Hood successfully distracts the canine visitor with a toy from the online pet focused store.