Respected Contributor

Re: Commercials

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I think today's commercials lack creativity, they're unimaginative, boring, dull, somewhat childish, and some are downright rude, crude, and lewd.....and whats up with all the "bratty kids" in commercials too....(Lexus, Oscar Mayer, Kraft Mac n Cheese, Bowny paper towels etc etc)

Commercials of the past were funny, creative, imaginative, and some were also very touching---Viewers even watched with great interest to see if their favorite won. 

@Spurt   I agree, especially about some were very touching..... Two that come to mind......The Coca Cola commercial where Mean Joe Greene throws his sweaty jersey to the little boy and the Mrs Butterworth commercial with a very young Kim Fields and her cute overbite and she says, Mrs Butterworth I love you.  🍯

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

I don't watch any commercials at all.

Honored Contributor

I think there a few here and there but the majority of them are awful.  Ridiculous and very distasteful.  So many of them are loud and act like we, as the viewers are idiots or have the I.Q. of a rock.  Generally speaking, I try to tape as many shows as possible so I don't have to watch commercials.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Most of them are silly, demeaning, useless, boring.  I record so I can FF thru them.  When watching real time, I find something to do when they are on.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Consider the target audience, bratty, crude & rude.

And way too obsessed with their grooming and looks, but I get it, it's the TikTok generation.

Esteemed Contributor

Most commercials are horrible....BUT i do love every fall that Geico brings out the "Good Choices" horror one...

it cracks me up everytime.......

I also like the Golden Corral commercial.....Family dinner .....the girl and dad are def  believeable and look alike

Honored Contributor

Re: Commercials

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten 

And folks not only did they bring back the "infamous" awful---stereo typed CRANKY Martha Medicare commercial----

Medicare Benefits & Questions Line TV Spot, 'Martha: 2022 Enrollment  Period' - iSpot.tv

but now for your entertainment there's also a puppet version of Martha...🙄 😫......

I DO like the CHEWY commercials----dogs talking about peanut butter and the CHEWY BOX....and the cat odering her frood and some cat ****** toys and "you can pet me now"---after she gets her ordering done....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Has anybody seen the one where the sheep gets in the car with these two guys?  It's just so cute!   They take him/her out on a leash and the sheep rides with them.   IIRC, it was for some model of Volkswagen.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Has anybody seen the one where the sheep gets in the car with these two guys?  It's just so cute!   They take him/her out on a leash and the sheep rides with them.   IIRC, it was for some model of Volkswagen.

@chickenbutt 

Havent seen that one...usually the ones with animals end up being the a

udience favorites....

I like the Hyundai commercial where the dad under protest grudgingly allows the kids to adopt a dog....and the dog wins the dad over and they become best pals......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”