Respected Contributor

Re: Commercials That Make You Say EEEWWWW

I guess we shouldn't leave QVC out here. The Emjoi Micro-Pedi and Poo-Pourri presentations come to mind. Both good products but definitely got the "EEEWWWWW" factor going on. hehehehehe!

Respected Contributor

I agree with everyone.  Commercials anymore are horrible.  They are either dumb or way too much information.  I do not want to hear or see commercials regarding people's personal body functions.

I too am wondering who is approving these commercials.  And, if it is the 20 somethings that is scary.  I know I'm getting old but whatever happened to integrity and class?

Trusted Contributor

It's that toilet paper lady. On the Q that smell good stuff you might have time to put in the toilet before anything happens.
Honored Contributor

I can't think of a one, but that's probably because I don't watch commericals. I record everything and FF past them. Or I watch programming that is commercial free. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

That commercial where the woman shakes the champagne and essentially yells throughout the entire commercial--OMG--so annoying!

Regular Contributor

I agree with you about the razor commercial. I also don't like the commercial for I believe it's poise, when the woman says, women use period pads for pee. OMGosh nothing is off limits I guess.

Respected Contributor

You people actually watch commercials...????   I usually pull out my tablet or my phone and browse around until the commercials are over.  Or I go make a snack...  

Trusted Contributor

Vonage was running a commercial campaign also starring someone who looked as though he needed to bathe, shave and put on clean clothes.  I actually sent a letter complaining.  Why would I buy a product promoted by someone I wouldn't even sit next to riding public transportation?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

You people actually watch commercials...????   I usually pull out my tablet or my phone and browse around until the commercials are over.  Or I go make a snack...  

my husband watches Hannah with her horse.

Respected Contributor

Nationwide Insurance with the creepy huge baby I mute the TV or quickly change the channel. 

Liberty Mutual with all the dumb as dirt people who seem  to have no concept as to why you purchase insurance.

"News Flash Insurance Company no big deal "

um yes there is you are running commercials where all the men in  it have been hit by no fault of their own.  But the women in the commercials all caused the accidents. 

Sekist much?