Honored Contributor

Re: Commercial that annoys me

I think the "tv dad" commercials are as dumb as they come.

Honored Contributor

I refuse to watch anything with a laugh track!

@CalminHeart wrote:

I think the "tv dad" commercials are as dumb as they come.

Respected Contributor

Disney commericials, particulary any that have to do with WDW/the parks.  As a family that frequents Disney, the commericials with empty parks, smiling kids and getting on and off rides with ease is so far off.  The parks are really bumper to bumper traffic of humans, long lines (2 plus hours) and kids having meltdowns.

Regular Contributor

The one that gets me is the old guy saying "he forgot to eat his fruits and vegetables" -- horror - he's going to drop over.  Advertising some kind of supplement.  He just looks like an idiot.

Regular Contributor

The one that gets me is where the husband tells his wife about someone they know died of a heart attack, she then ask s do they have life insurance? Yeah that s the first thing I say when I learn of a death!

Respected Contributor

The Colonial Penn ads are cornball and hokey enough...but what REALLY gets me is that the guy brays that the PREMIUM stays the same for any age forever, but the insurance amount that will be paid out DROPS as the customer gets older.

They never make that clear, although in the microscopic print it does say "graduated payouts" or some such,

In other words, the coverage DROPS as you age, even though your premium does not change.... Whatta Bargain!!!!

I suppose if you actually sign up for this gimmick, they'd have to tell you that ( in tiny print in the contract probably on page 45) but it's dishonest.

Agree that one has no idea how much "coverage" 9.95 will even buy ( my guess? 1000 dollars "per unit"...but even that's based on the AGE you sign up for this).

SO deceptive, and designed for the gullible. And the FEARFUL. They tapped into the nonstop fear and scare tactics of today.....

I wanted to find out what 9.95 would cover when I dug deeper into this scam, but you can't do it without a phone call, and I can just imagine what would happen if you asked for a callback to discuss.

Then, they'd sell your number and info to 10,000 other shady companies....THAT'S where the real money is made for Colonial Penn.

No one is ever forced to PAY for anyone else's funeral.

They're going to bury or cremate you no matter what when you die.

They're sure not gonna leave you topside if someone doesn't pay up!!!!

What do you think happens to people who die  with no assets and with no relatives or estate?

Be smart. NEVER sign anything on behalf of someone else ( like if someone is at the end and they put a clipboard under your face and tell you to sign to "be responsible")....

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I haven't seen that one but I surely get sick of hearing Jonathan from Colonial Penn.  He never seems to tell us how much coverage $9.95/mo will but but I'm guessing not much.

I wonder how much coverage the 85 year old lady would get for $9.95 a month.

Honored Contributor

@Peoplearenuts wrote:

The one that gets me is the old guy saying "he forgot to eat his fruits and vegetables" -- horror - he's going to drop over.  Advertising some kind of supplement.  He just looks like an idiot.

That's Vincent from Balance of Nature. We make fun of him here.

Respected Contributor

There are so many commercials that I can't stand,  however,  my #1 is the HORMEL'S CHILI CHEESE commerical with all the LOOOONG arms flailing all over the place and the stupid little jingle.  I CANNOT STAND IT and change the channel every time.  

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I have Coloniel Penn health insurance supplements. The health insurance has worked out,  but I am skeptical of the life insurance costing only 9.95 monthly. I doubt one could get much coverage with that. There is a lot they're not telling viewers. 

The commercial doesn't annoy me but it doesn't make me want to call, either. 

Talk about annoying: the All State with "Mayhem" are some of the worst commericals I've seen. They seem to be supporting accidents and reckless driving. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain