Honored Contributor

Re: Commercial for new TLC show sMothered....

@CrazyKittyLvr2  OK, you are right.  (paraphrasing), "When I get out of the bath water, if it's still warm, my mother gets in".  

So, they aren't in there together (who'd fit)?  Go here to see the advertisement for it....(ps have a paper bag handy)...this is crazy!

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/smothered/full-episodes/smothered-sneak-peek

Really, I think it's just mom's whot want to act like their young(er) daughters.

My girls and I always talk about the way (when they were young) my middle daughter came to me and said, "Mommie (that's what this daughter still calls me)...I'm glad you aren't like (Susan's) mom.  Her mom dresses like one of Susan's teenage sisters".  Ha!

We always laughed because (while I wasn't real fat), there was no way I could even fit into teenager's clothes, nor would I want to.

I did know what she was talking about though.  I remember there were always a few ladies who would dress kinda 'hoochie'.

It never bothered me and I was friends with many of them.  They'd taken care of their bodies and were proud of their bodies.  Their husbands were also very proud of their wives.

Did some of these ladies take it a bit too far?  Probably, but it didn't bother me.  They were wonderful, kind people, they just had bad taste in what they looked nice in!  Ha!

But then I always wore jeans and a striped T-shirt (similar).  My grandchildren even drew pictures of me in striped T-shirts.  (Family joke).

My poor late husband used to beg me to go out and buy myself some nice clothes.  He once got me a credit card with just my name on it so I'd go and buy myself some clothes that weren't jeans and T-shirts.  They fited nicely and were clean, I just didn't work and didn't spend money on myself.

Anyway, I think this show takes all of that a bit too far.  My daughters would have had a fit if I'd have said, "I'm going out on the town with you".  They'd be like, "Oh!  No you aren't".  Ha!

Mainly because I'd be working the room, introducing myself to everyone as so and so's mother.  At the end of the evening, I'd be taking these new friends over to meet my daughter and her boyfriend, etc.  This used to drive my girls crazy.

I've never met a stranger.  That's not what you'd want from your mother when you are out partying.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Oh dear, at some ungodly hour the other morning TLC showed clips of upcoming show sMothered about Mothers and DD who are.....a wee bit too close.

One Mom and DD use each others bath water if it's still hot.  That is beyond disgusting.

I said to DH can you imagine someone from another country coming here to visit and getting settled in their hotel  only to turn on  the TV and see Mama  June and that crew, bridezillas and now sMothered.  Yikes!! 

Well I do have guilty pleasures as tv watching goes.  But I draw the line at this one.  Very creepy and disgusting.  

Esteemed Contributor

I did see the previews;  gross!

There isn't much on that channel worth warching, IMO.  Everything seems to be staged for shock value.  Not interested.

(I was channel surfing when I saw it.)

Super Contributor

One word -  Creepy 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Annabellethecat66   Regarding the bath.... Once the Mom uses the tub and gets out, the daughter gets into the bathwater left over from the Mom's bath.

Woman LOL

that sounds appealing

Image result for little girl staring meme

Honored Contributor

More garbage tv.

I'm very selective about my garbage tv, so I won't be watching this one. Woman LOL