Esteemed Contributor

Commercial for new TLC show sMothered....

Oh dear, at some ungodly hour the other morning TLC showed clips of upcoming show sMothered about Mothers and DD who are.....a wee bit too close.

One Mom and DD use each others bath water if it's still hot.  That is beyond disgusting.

I said to DH can you imagine someone from another country coming here to visit and getting settled in their hotel  only to turn on  the TV and see Mama  June and that crew, bridezillas and now sMothered.  Yikes!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Commercial for new TLC show sMothered....

Oops, wrong spot. The all day sunshine & 80 degree temp has me dazed and confused.  lol  Meant for TV and movies. 

Honored Contributor

I saw that commercial and wondered who will watch that!  Who in the name of Heaven came up with that idea?  That's crazy.

I agree with you about someone not familiar with TLC and some of the ummm....interesting things on that show...tuning in and seeing this commercial.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Some of their other shows are 'out there' too.

I guess there are people who'll watch it.  I wonder if they'd own up to watching it though.

I'm a bit of a chunky money (size XL-lX) I take up a good portion of my tub (it's normal size).  I can't imagine any other adult even fitting in (if they even wanted to)?  Ha!

Trusted Contributor

TLC seems to televise the creeps of society. Isn't that the channel that Honey Boo Boo is on? I haven't watched it in years but it was enough to give you a stomachache then.

Honored Contributor

I just looked up the trailer/coming attraction for the series.

I guess some people will do anything to get on TV.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   Regarding the bath.... Once the Mom uses the tub and gets out, the daughter gets into the bathwater left over from the Mom's bath.

Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I thought one got in the tub when  the other got out if the water was still hot. That was bad enough, both at the same time, call Dr. Phil.

I can't even do tubs anymore with my bad knee. Years ago I had an orange colored kitten and he loved to sit on the edge of the tub and bat bubbles. Even when the little goof almost fell in he thought it was great fun.

Honored Contributor

I will shower with DH, but no way will I bathe with DD.  Unless it's an outdoor shower in the tropics.    I prefer my privacy for certain things and a bath is one of them.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I'm with you (about the knees and tub).  

As I've bla blaed so many times here I have two fake knees (I call them that...replaced).  I got them done at the same time (only good way to go).

Anyway, I'm not taking a chance getting into the tub.  I don't know now.  I thought they were in it together.  Maybe I'm wrong now.

I need to do some research on this thing!  I do mix stuff up.  I'll be right back!

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Oh dear, at some ungodly hour the other morning TLC showed clips of upcoming show sMothered about Mothers and DD who are.....a wee bit too close.

One Mom and DD use each others bath water if it's still hot.  That is beyond disgusting.

I said to DH can you imagine someone from another country coming here to visit and getting settled in their hotel  only to turn on  the TV and see Mama  June and that crew, bridezillas and now sMothered.  Yikes!! 

TLC broadcasts in many other countries.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky