Honored Contributor

Coming Home For Christmas on Hallmark

I watch pretty much all of the Hallmark channel movies and really enjoy them.  I'm about halfway through Coming Home For Christmas that I recorded last night.  Danica McKellar is in it.  A lot of the movies are unrealistic, but some of the things about this movie really stand out.  

In an estate like that, there's no way a party planner would string popcorn to put on the tree, put ceramic houses around on tables, and especially not put a resin teddy bear on the mantel.  I know she wants to make it homey, but a 20,000 sq. ft. estate is not homey and could look beautiful and comfortable without those things.  I don't understand some of their choices in these movies.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: Coming Home For Christmas on Hallmark

It's only a movie. Don't  look too deep. She is trying to make it homey, even if unrealistic. That is why they they are such fun.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have stated before of this forum that I don't understand why some viewers now insist that a tv show or movie be a documentary and that every detail  be believable and accurate.

Personally, this one was not a favorite of mine.  I stopped watching at 25 minutes.

I'm on to Christmas Homecoming right now.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I really liked this one. I thought it was one of the better ones so far for this year.

Trusted Contributor

I love most Hallmark movies, especially the Christmas ones. What I find funny are the scenes with snow carefully placed and all the bushes and trees have green leaves on them. It’s not realistic where I live but I still enjoy them!