Honored Contributor

Is anyone else looking forward to the 2nd coming to america.  I really enjoyed the first one it was so funny.  Good Morning America is doing a segment on it.  Arsenio and Eddie both look the same as they did in the first one lol.  I think 30 years since the first one and they still look goodSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 I loved the original and don't watch or like remakes. Tried one once, years ago, and said "never again."

Even if it's the same cast I'm not interested.

Honored Contributor

I'm a bit skeptical after seeing a couple 'clips' shown on tv, but hope I am proven wrong.  The original movie was very entertaining.

Respected Contributor

no.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it was last weekend that I saw the original again on TV. Even more LOL funny now, seeing all the 80's stuff. 

Looking forward to the new one. Is it a sequel and not a remake?

Honored Contributor

@queendiva   Sequel

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Is anyone else looking forward to the 2nd coming to america.  I really enjoyed the first one it was so funny.  Good Morning America is doing a segment on it.  Arsenio and Eddie both look the same as they did in the first one lol.  I think 30 years since the first one and they still look goodSmiley Happy

Is this a remake or a sequel?

Esteemed Contributor
Haven’t checked, but wonder if the original is streaming anywhere?

I’m going to watch it. In addition to Eddie and Arsenio, I like Leslie Jones (who I know is not for everyone!) However, I’m a little lackluster about the storyline and how it relates to the original. But, I certainly can’t say I remember that much of the original, so would like to rewatch beforehand.
Honored Contributor

I just finished watching last night's Late Show and Arsenio was on with Stephen.   That was the first I'd heard of this and it sounds like fun.   Wow, Arsenio, Eddie, and Leslie - fun cast!   IIRC, there are more great comedic actors in the cast but I cannot recall who.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I think it was last weekend that I saw the original again on TV. Even more LOL funny now, seeing all the 80's stuff. 

Looking forward to the new one. Is it a sequel and not a remake?

It's a sequel.  Eddie finds out he has a son in Queens, so off they go to Queens :-)