Respected Contributor

Looks like everybody took their ribbing well.  No whining or complaining on Twitter that I know of.  Saw Larry David in the audience. Did he speak?  Sorry I missed most of it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Comedy Central channel

[ Edited ]

Give that guy a medal !

@MorningLover 

Respected Contributor

I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I love those roasts. Let it all hang out ! no politically correct bull****

Honored Contributor

I guess I've been living under a rock because I had no idea they were allowed to use that kind of language on Comedy Central.  It used to be that the roasts shown during Primetime got bleeped. The repeats that were shown after midnight contained all the adult language.

I was surprised that none of this was bleeped during the first airing.  I wasn't offended at all, just shocked.

Robert De Niro was a lot funnier than I thought he would be.     

Honored Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Smiley LOL

This!  This is what I told some friends.   I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe - the whole time!     

I saw David Spade in the crowd too and wished he had been on stage, as well as Larry David.  They are both quite brilliant comedians.  I don't know exactly why, but I really like Spade a lot and have been enjoying his new CC show.   

Everybody was hilarious.    The only thing that felt kind of weird to me was that when it was Caitlin's turn she seemed to make every single line about her.   She did a good job, especially since she is not a comedian, but it was just a bit cringy to have it be about her so much more than the others.

Honored Contributor

Back when they had the Dean Martin roasts they were funny too, they bleeped out all the bad words back then, now days you got a woman who used to be a man and with those hands and knees , well, you get it.

It's in your face now, no pretense. I'm glad that one guy told off the social media people. 

Tell you that one gal who is really foul mouthed if she'd been there all of our ears would had turned red and fell off

Lisa Lampernelli , think her name was. That chick is raunchy.

Honored Contributor

I also was shocked at the language and subject matter allowed on Comedy Central, just a regular channel, not even premium, and aired at 8 PM.