Trusted Contributor

Re: Comedian Norm McDonald Passed

another well respected man in the comic circuit has died Smiley Sad

Godspeed, Mr McDonald.

dee

Honored Contributor

I must be the only one totally out of the loop....I never heard of him. Where have I been?

Honored Contributor

Such a funny man!  He could just get a look on his face and crack you up!  His old impression of Burt Reynolds was hilarious!  And I just loved him on The Middle!  He was amazingly gifted.  He will be so missed!  No one like him..... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Another great comedic legend passes before his time. I was sad to hear of his passing. He always had a way to crack me up. The Burt Reynolds skits were some of the best! May his family find some comfort in all of the love outpouring over this news. May he rest in peace and be cracking jokes up in heaven!! 

Respected Contributor

Rest In Peace, Norman Gene Macdonald...

This man was a wonderful, highly talented comedian and writer and he will be missed...

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Such a funny man!  He could just get a look on his face and crack you up!  His old impression of Burt Reynolds was hilarious!  And I just loved him on The Middle!  He was amazingly gifted.  He will be so missed!  No one like him..... 

Norm MacDonald appeared on "The Middle" in 2010 through 2018. He must have been dealing with the cancer during that time.  What a trooper.

Sorry he was abruptly fired from Saturday Night Live by Don Ohlmeyer supposedly because of an OJ Simpson joke.

Honored Contributor

I remember him well.

He did a "Nora Ephron," keeping his cancer diagnosis and treatment a secret known only to a few.  I am glad he was successful in doing that so that he could live peacefully.

May he rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

There were some lovely homages to his courage and talent from his peers in the comedy profession.  I was especially touched by the memories of Stephen Colbert and Seth Meyers.