Honored Contributor

Re: Comcast/Xfiniity and Cinemax

@Reever wrote:

Cinemax is owned by the same company as HBO so if you get HBO you get all the duplicate Cinemas channels.  Frankly I never watch movies on HBO. The only reason I had it was to watch "The Divorce" and that just got cancelled. I could care less for Game of Thrones that most people are buzzing about.

@Reever 

i get HBO and a lot of other extra channels but do not get all the "duplicate cinemax channels."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I guess all of the carriers are fighting with HBO/Cinemax. I've got Dish and they dropped HBO and Cinemax in Nov. 2018 and it doesn't look like they're coming back.

Trusted Contributor

I have Comcast/Xfinity, my contract expires in August. I am going to see about streaming services. The cost of cable TV is getting insane. It is not that I am disatisfied with the service, it is just too darn costly for a lot of channels we do not watch.

And from reading this thread and the Dish TV thread it all is just becoming a money grab for the giant corporations. All the fighting between these greedy people and taking channels away.

I have to keep my high speed internet as I work from home, but I have to see what other options I can get for local channels, and channels I like.

I do not want to sign another contract where potenially other channels will disappear.

Honored Contributor

@demanda wrote:

I called two weeks ago to see what they could do to help me lower my monthly bill and they offered me another package minus HBO, WGN, WE, ID Channels.  They never mentioned anything about Cinemax but I have noticed that it is not on my guide any longer.  I agree with you, we don't have access to these channels but the price never changes.  Wish I had the courage to cut the cord!!!

I basically have that same pkg, no HBO, but Showtime and Starz, and FREE Netflix.