Super Contributor

I'm really mad.  I lost TCM.  Comcast put TCM into "Sports Entertainment" and if I want it I would have to pay extra for it and for sports stuff of which I already have about 100 sports channels that I never watch.  And their "customer service" is awful.  Did anybody else lose TCM?

Honored Contributor

I have Comcast Xfinity and yes, TCM is a paid channel now.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

I did too. Not happy about!

Honored Contributor

i did not lose it, but i have the sports package.

i also noticed that  we now get the EPIX channel package.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

Yep, I lost TCM too!  Also, just noticed a few days ago that some of my STARZ channels are no longer available, along with the RETRO channel!!!! Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

Re: Comcast - GRRRRRRR

[ Edited ]

I have Comcast and still have TCM, I dont think I am paying for a sports pkg. I even have my TCM on my little adapter boxes in my smaller rooms.  I still have the Movieplex too, I assume you mean the Encore channels. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I lost it too when I had to renegotiate a new plan with them a couple months ago.  I didn't watch TCM enough for it to really matter much to me, but I hate that they did that.

And yet I did still end up with HBO, Showtime, and a few other movie channels.

I was just happy I was able to lower my bill a bit.  I told the CS rep on the phone I wanted to downgrade my plan to a lower level and before I knew it he had transferred me to a Customer Retention rep!

Trusted Contributor

@tammysu , yes Comcast took away TCM and the Movieplex/Retro Channels. I liked watching Movieplex.  

Honored Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

@tammysu , yes Comcast took away TCM and the Movieplex/Retro Channels. I liked watching Movieplex.  

i do still have movieplex.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Comcast will officially drop STARZ when its contract with the cabler ends on December 31. Earlier in October, Comcast announced the movie/original series channel would be upgraded to a $12 add-on for customers.

Comcast is expected to replace STARZ with a combo of Hitz, Streampix and Epix in its premium packages, per Cord Cutter News.

By pushing customers to pricier options, Comcast is trying to generate income by lowering the cost of some packages.

https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/342786/report-comcast-to-officially-drop-starz.html