Trusted Contributor

I too am a Comcast customer. My contract had expired in August. I called to inquire what my options were. In order to keep the package I had which included the ID channel the increase was $40.00 more. They said it was due to them no longer having a contract with the ID channel. There were 2 other channels in that. I do not remember what they were. I did not watch them.

I had to give up the ID channel. I just cannot and will not pay another $40.00 a month for 1 channel. I loved it, watched all the time. At first I did have ID withdrawl LOL.

Out of the 250+ channels I have I may watch 20-30. Cable prices are just crazy high anymore. I feel it will get more costly with all the new streaming services popping up.

I am not going to join all of them either.

I have Netflix free with my T-Mobile service. I have 1 free year if Apple TV service as I have the new Iphone.

I just find it all discouraging and too confusing with all the choices. I do not have the time to jump from service to service to watch a TV show.      

Honored Contributor

I changed packages a year ago for the first time since 1993.  I had their original basic package and was getting WGN when no one else was.

I could never understand why I couldn't find my exact channel line up their site.  I apparently was grandfathered into everything until I changed packages Smiley Very Happy

When someone posted about the TCM channel I didn't realize I didn't have it as it still shows up on the channel list, but when I go to the channel it says it's not authorized.

I watched it, but usually when they had the classics on or during marathons or specials, so I don't miss it.  ION and other channels capture most of the WGN content I was watching (In the Heat of the Night), so no loss there.

I have the highest tier with 240 channels plus.  I didn't think I would have to pay for more stuff, too.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

I too am a Comcast customer. My contract had expired in August. I called to inquire what my options were. In order to keep the package I had which included the ID channel the increase was $40.00 more. They said it was due to them no longer having a contract with the ID channel. There were 2 other channels in that. I do not remember what they were. I did not watch them.

I had to give up the ID channel. I just cannot and will not pay another $40.00 a month for 1 channel. I loved it, watched all the time. At first I did have ID withdrawl LOL.

Out of the 250+ channels I have I may watch 20-30. Cable prices are just crazy high anymore. I feel it will get more costly with all the new streaming services popping up.

I am not going to join all of them either.

I have Netflix free with my T-Mobile service. I have 1 free year if Apple TV service as I have the new Iphone.

I just find it all discouraging and too confusing with all the choices. I do not have the time to jump from service to service to watch a TV show.      

With my most recent pkg I lost HBO,  ID, WE and WGN, but I gained Netflix for free. 

Honored Contributor

Ohhh, so that's why I got it back a couple of months ago!  Last year, I downsized because they went up to about $230 and do to the way they bundle things, I lost TCM.  Then, one day, I was surfing and it was back.  I had to keep the sports package or hubby would have had a stroke.  I refuse to pay over $200 a month for mostly garbage.  It's now back to $193 a month.  Still too much!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Cablevision/Optimum/Altice whatever it is they are calling themselves this month include the Cooking Channel and the DIY Network and a few others in with the paid premium movie packages.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Comcast will officially drop STARZ when its contract with the cabler ends on December 31. Earlier in October, Comcast announced the movie/original series channel would be upgraded to a $12 add-on for customers.

Comcast is expected to replace STARZ with a combo of Hitz, Streampix and Epix in its premium packages, per Cord Cutter News.

By pushing customers to pricier options, Comcast is trying to generate income by lowering the cost of some packages.

https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/342786/report-comcast-to-officially-drop-starz.html

What fresh h_ll is this?

I finally got a halfway decent lineup from Comcast and that kept me from driving across town and throwing my DVR at them.

Now I'm looking at what's missing and what's left and wondering why the ____ I'm paying $200 a month for this mediocrity.

WTF?

Woman Mad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@appm   I live in the Seattle WA area and still have TCM on my line up with ComCast. I just have the basic package...no HBO Or such. 

That's weird.  When I went to a basic package, I lost TCM.  

Honored Contributor

I pay them $197 per month but I have the Triple Play, TV, my landline and my internet. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Well, it looks as if I spoke too soon yesterday, as of today, looks like my TCM also bit the dust, not a happy camper!!

Honored Contributor

I am not one to take things lightly that I feel are unfair. rather than call Comcast and get myself all worked up and get nowhere, I wrote to TCM and asked if they can intervense somehow, will let you know if I get a response.