Honored Contributor

Those who watch this on Sunday nights on ME TV, there will be a schedule change beginning on July 18. Columbo moves to 6 PM ET, then  Monk for 2 hours at 8 ET. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, @Shelbelle , my Sunday night schedule begins with Columbo at 8:00 and goes right through until midnight.

Not thrilled with this change but I'll adjust. 

Oh, just one more thing.......

Thanks, again for the heads-up!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Columbo Fans

[ Edited ]

I have several Columbo videos that I DVRd (that's not a word, sorry). My favorite was with Ruth Gordon, who played a mystery writer who killed to avenge her niece's death.The interplay between her and Columbo was perfection.

In general, the 1970s Columbo episodes were superior to the second batch, made in the 1990s. The 90 minute format was better than the two-hour version because of tighter scripts and no overplay of Columba's idiosyncrasies. Still, I am a great fan of the series. Which episodes are your favorites?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you tried Peacock TV?  There is a premium option, which I haven't tried.  But you can watch Columbo for free any time.  I've been watching Law and Order Criminal Intent with Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe.  

ETA: I think they also have Monk.

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

Have you tried Peacock TV?  There is a premium option, which I haven't tried.  But you can watch Columbo for free any time.  I've been watching Law and Order Criminal Intent with Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe.  

ETA: I think they also have Monk.

@Tadaki  I got that free app about 2 weeks ago and have been watching L&O-CI since then too.  Those early seasons are great. 

Yes Columbobis there too and tons of other shows.

Honored Contributor

My question is this, if they start to air he 90 minute versions of Columbo, then what happens with  missing half hour?? I have been enjoying Ed Sullivan at 9:30 after Columbo.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle, if you are a fan of Ed Sullivan, he's on M-F from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET on Decades TV, if you get that channel. BTW, I checked the MeTV schedule and Ed Sullivan will be airing at 10 p.m. ET.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@Shelbelle, if you are a fan of Ed Sullivan, he's on M-F from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET on Decades TV, if you get that channel. BTW, I checked the MeTV schedule and Ed Sullivan will be airing at 10 p.m. ET.

But my question is if they air the 90 minute Columbos at 6 and Monk at 8 then what is on at 7:30 ?? Now it is MASH from 7 to 8.  We lost Decades 3 years ago, sad to say.  And here in MD on Sunday nights on ME TV from 10 to 11:30 we get all news programming. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle , the guide for MeTV says Columbo is a 2 hour show from 6 p.m.-8 pm. It said it was the pilot. Love Boat will be on at 5 p.m. now.  Mash doesn't appear on the Sun. schedule, but is on the usual time during the week.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

My question is this, if they start to air he 90 minute versions of Columbo, then what happens with  missing half hour?? I have been enjoying Ed Sullivan at 9:30 after Columbo.

@Shelbelle: The episodes that air for 2-hours are filled with extra commercials. The 90-minute shows have less commercials.